• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • analogwars

ANALOGWARS
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    somewhere in time
    I harvested around 60 LBS! Remember, always keep your finds a secret. Carefully and indiscriminately mark the area where you found the most shrumes. Go back daily during season taking a different route each time. Don't make a path to your stash! If anyone asks, you bought at the store. Pecker heads are like gold and crooks want to raid your spots.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    So fishing and mushroom hunting are pretty much the same sport… “where did you catch that/find them…” my answer is usually something like Indiana!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Good, now please tell us what kind of gun you used and caliber, inquiring minds want to know. I find a 12 ga. Loaded with #8 shot does the job quite well. JMO of course.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Good, now please tell us what kind of gun you used and caliber, inquiring minds want to know. I find a 12 ga. Loaded with #8 shot does the job quite well. JMO of course.
    Slugs will make them easier to clean

Reactions: Mij

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I use an old marlin model 60, I think it’s from around 1980-81, but, and it’s a BIG butt, I will only take the shot if I’m at least 200 yards out. Anything else would not be sportsmanship.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Years ago my BIL and I were shroom huntin’ and went to the other side of the hill. Presently I heard 5 shots from his 38. Me-What happened? Him-Got 3 mushrooms. Me-Two get away?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    What? You don't think the General Firearms forum is the proper place to discuss mushroom hunting? :): It would've been nice if he'd at least have mentioned what caliber he preferred for hunting them.
    One would think he might've noticed the Outdoors section when he scrolled down to find whatever shiny thing caught his eye in the classifieds.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    One would think he might've noticed the Outdoors section when he scrolled down to find whatever shiny thing caught his eye in the classifieds.
    He's a site supporter so he doesn't need to run to get 50 posts.

Moved to appropriate subforum

Top Bottom