• ...and so much more!
  • Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have been unable to comment on any of this because I am appalled at the deaths of the children and staff.

Couple of things stand out to me. Shooter was 28 years old and a former student at the school, so whatever malice he/she had simmered for at least 10 years. Have to ask what triggered this? Trans drugs or maybe all the rhetoric about 101+ genders?
    What was his/her behavior in all this time?

I have witnessed the borderline violent behavior of a beautiful young girl who decided she was a boy and went on these drugs.

The other was something that did not occur to me before was the ease that it entered the school. Shoot out the glass doors and walk thru. Looks like it never broke stride. Seems like schools usually have glass doors and windows all over the front.

Still overwhelmed by the casual killing of the victims, especially the children.

Don

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My point exactly. We are handing the left the hammer. Every time this happens the right says it’s not the firearms it’s mental illness. All the left has to do is say, “we agree. In order to purchase a firearm hand over your medical records. Anyone can practice their second amendment rights, you just need a signed form from your doctor.”

That sets the ground work. If a child’s parents get divorced (which is like 50% of marriages) and their doctor puts the child on an antidepressant to cope with the strain the government could later use that to deny rights when they’re of age. It’s a simple way to disarm the future generations while keeping the 2nd amendment.
    If mentally ill individuals keep committing these acts, sooner or later, society is going to throw somebody under the bus. I want that person to be the violent, mentally ill individual, not all potential gun owners.

All citizens should never have to swim through a mental health dragnet to exercise their 2A rights. That would be making all of society pay for the actions of deviant individuals. My preferred principle would be, the responsibility has to be shouldered by the individual. If a person is mentally ill and cannot handle themselves and their interactions with society, that's where I want to see control exercised, not the backs of all citizens. The responsibility for the behavior has to be pushed back onto the parents of the kid, somehow.

Just to make sure we're not talking at cross-purposes here, my angle on antidepressants in children is, if your child cannot make it through the school day without being violent, without the aid of psychiatric medication, that's a problem. That kid needs psychiatric counseling. If the boot-heel of government must be applied to get parents to shoulder this responsibility, then I'm all for it. The pharmaceutical industry fought hard to make sure antidepressants could be prescribed by General Practitioners. That's fine for adults, but not for children. Some parents are using these drugs as a substitute for psychiatric therapy. By the time the kid is in their 20s, it's too late for the parents to smack their forehead. Make the parents engage with an actual psychiatrist in order to receive these medications in the first place. I think that's a reasonable trade-off for society, to make sure the next potential school shooter has a chance to be evaluated by a neutral party, instead of being self-medicated with drugs from a general practitioner, administered by a parent who is in denial.

I also think we need to put a stop to school lawyers drawing up "behavior contracts" or "Individualized Education Plans" that sign away the school's ability to press charges for violent assaults on school grounds, in exchange for parents agreeing not to sue the school for deprivation of education. School administrators have to realize there's more at stake here than the school getting sued.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Very peaceful people.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Just another example of the "tolerance" of those demanding "tolerance".

ETA: Hey provenza, go **** yourself.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    RINO and even moderate dem creation explained right here. They lie to get elected then once in power leverage that power to stay in while reneging on their original promises…

“Provenza, who was first elected to the state House in 2020, initially ran as a moderate. She was reportedly first approached to run for public office as a Republican, and in a post on her Facebook account from October 2020, she promised to protect gun rights. "Guns are part of our heritage and lifestyle in Wyoming," Provenza wrote, claiming that gun violence "won’t be solved by letting the government take people’s guns away without due process."

“Since she was elected, Provenza has governed as an extremist, repeatedly advocating against abortion restrictions and condemning a local church leader for exercising his First Amendment rights at the University of Wyoming.“

This is why the “vote for the man” is dead. It is teams now…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People who call for violence are often surprised when that violence comes back at them

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    RINO and even moderate dem creation explained right here. They lie to get elected then once in power leverage that power to stay in while reneging on their original promises…

“Provenza, who was first elected to the state House in 2020, initially ran as a moderate. She was reportedly first approached to run for public office as a Republican, and in a post on her Facebook account from October 2020, she promised to protect gun rights. "Guns are part of our heritage and lifestyle in Wyoming," Provenza wrote, claiming that gun violence "won’t be solved by letting the government take people’s guns away without due process."

“Since she was elected, Provenza has governed as an extremist, repeatedly advocating against abortion restrictions and condemning a local church leader for exercising his First Amendment rights at the University of Wyoming.“

This is why the “vote for the man” is dead. It is teams now…

Vote for the man is dead? Heck, the republic is dead.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just another example of the "tolerance" of those demanding "tolerance".

ETA: Hey provenza, go **** yourself.
    That’s literally the program. The tolerance manifesto (repressive tolerance by Herbert Marcuse) you tolerate progressives and minorities, and you don’t tolerate anyone else.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Top Bottom