• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So will Belgium do what the French did not?

With what exactly? Besides, why would the elite of Belgium undermine their own power?

Belgium like all of Europe needs new players from the treat-making factories that their Welfare States are.

It doesn't matter who gets sucked up in the Ponzi scheme of the Welfare State, just that new players enter.

If a few people die every now and then, it matters not, as long as the checks go out in the mail. Priority one: don't stop the checks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You bring up an interesting point. So far on the Today Show this morning, they have worked hard to give the impression that this is just a terrorist attack by ISIS.

Do you think it's them, rogue Islamic radicals who sympathize with ISIS but have no official connection?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    With what exactly? Besides, why would the elite of Belgium undermine their own power?

Belgium like all of Europe needs new players from the treat-making factories that their Welfare States are.

It doesn't matter who gets sucked up in the Ponzi scheme of the Welfare State, just that new players enter.

If a few people die every now and then, it matters not, as long as the checks go out in the mail. Priority one: don't stop the checks.

No, I meant invoke whatever article it is, within NATO, which asks for military aid. Honestly, I think there's a solid reason for going that route.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh - shame on me for calling you out for "people that want nothing less than to make the countries to which they are emigrating just like the hell holes they came from"? Ok, then, riddle me this, Batman, who are "those people" you are talking about? Yazidis? Christians? Belgians?

Prove me wrong. Like KF alluded to, PUT A NAME TO "THOSE PEOPLE".

Look, I am not unsympathetic to those that live under Daesh's rule or influence...
    ... I'd hate to see what "unsympathetic" is like coming from you! You want everyone under their authority to stay there. That looks pretty unsympathetic.

THEY DON'T THINK THAT. THAT'S why they are trying to leave, often with nothing more than what they can carry, and sometimes not even that.

Well, first, infiltrating free societies based on the freedom they provide started way before Daesh. The hard part is figuring out how much of that freedom - and charity - we want to stop to address the security risk. That is not a simple calculus.

ISIS, Daesh, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda... shall I go on?

"THEY DON'T THINK THAT. THAT'S why they are trying to leave, often with nothing more than what they can carry, and sometimes not even that."

If, as is (I would hope) the case, that the extremists are such a minute minority, then I would think it would be a simple matter of sheer numbers being able to overcome them. Like it or not, many are indeed sympathetic to the cause of the extremists and offer them support, even if it means doing nothing (at best) or harboring them (at worst). If these extremists are making the world less sympathetic to their plight (and they are, like it or not), then they should be pissed. But they shouldn't be pissed at the West. They should be pissed at the extremists.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You bring up an interesting point. So far on the Today Show this morning, they have worked hard to give the impression that this is just a terrorist attack by ISIS.

Well, yes, there are several possible layers to the question. I'm frankly more interested in the INGOtariate's opinion on what group is subject to their revilement.

If I jumped to a conclusion irresponsibly, I'll own it. But so far, the silence has been deafening.

ETA: DoggyDaddy just answered, so I'll post a response separately.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, yes, there are several possible layers to the question. I'm frankly more interested in the INGOtariate's opinion on what group is subject to their revilement.

If I jumped to a conclusion irresponsibly, I'll own it. But so far, the silence has been deafening.

ETA: DoggyDaddy just answered, so I'll post a response separately.

You haven't jump to a conclusion irresponsibly. You know how this place works all too well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ISIS, Daesh, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda... shall I go on?

Well, wait. That's not at all what you said.

Then let them stay in those areas.

So I take it that you're in the "let everyone in" camp? I mean heck, we have no means of vetting them anyway, so let's just have a free-for-all, right? C'mon... We're not talking about the immigrants who came through Ellis Island, learned English, did their best to assimilate (note I did not say totally abandon their heritage) and become productive citizens. We are talking about people that want nothing less than to make the countries to which they are emigrating just like the hell holes they came from.
    Did you switch mid-paragraph from "everyone" to just terrorists?

I mean, I've re-read that several times and don't see the transition. If you tell me that what you wrote isn't what you meant, I'll believe you.

But if you don't want to come across as a racist, you should probably be clearer.

If, as is (I would hope) the case, that the extremists are such a minute minority, then I would think it would be a simple matter of sheer numbers being able to overcome them.
    Uh... or they can leave. Vote with their feet. Sometimes, their homes are not worth getting beheaded over.

Like it or not, many are indeed sympathetic to the cause of the extremists and offer them support, even if it means doing nothing (at best) or harboring them (at worst).
    Wait. Who are these "many"? Yazidis? Christians?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When you guys are all talking and I'm doing work, and I think I hear my name

Zyi3SRU.gif

vKJrHFC.gif

KD8qjyy.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, wait. That's not at all what you said.

Did you switch mid-paragraph from "everyone" to just terrorists?

I mean, I've re-read that several times and don't see the transition. If you tell me that what you wrote isn't what you meant, I'll believe you.

But if you don't want to come across as a racist, you should probably be clearer.

Uh... or they can leave. Vote with their feet. Sometimes, their homes are not worth getting beheaded over.

Wait. Who are these "many"? Yazidis? Christians?

You said it yourself that it is not a simple calculus. So perhaps we do have to put a stop to everything if it is decided that the risk is too great. Not all of the "refugees" are whom they purport themselves to be. Many (most even) are, but people are being killed more frequently, and many times by those that are coming in along with the legitimate refugees. Is the risk acceptable? Where is the line drawn? How about stopping, taking a deep breath and proceeding with extreme caution? That's what I'm advocating. So yes, I meant "everyone", including, but not limited to the terrorists.

If their homes are not worth defending, then perhaps they could work to make them into something better... something that IS worth defending? I know it's a novel idea.

I think you know the answer to your last question. At least I would hope so. Are the Yazidis and Christians the ones conducting the suicide attacks? If they are, then I'm sorry, but I must have missed that little tidbit.

Top Bottom