• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As for the gloves, this is pure guesswork on my part: Wired detonators (for simplicity and reliability) and normally-open momentary pressure switches. Once the cart handle was gripped, simply releasing the grip would close the circuit (examples: when it is time, when ordered by LE, or even if you have second thoughts).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As for the gloves, this is pure guesswork on my part: Wired detonators (for simplicity and reliability) and normally-open momentary pressure switches. Once the cart handle was gripped, simply releasing the grip would close the circuit (examples: when it is time, when ordered by LE, or even if you have second thoughts).

Yeah, one place I read described the potential for a "deadman's switch" - once it was primed, letting go would detonate. That's one way to dissuade someone from backing out. But, that type of switch is just as easily wired to be in direct contact between the hand and the cart handle.

My understanding is that TATP can be detonated by force or friction. I wonder if the glove was meant to be punched down onto/into the bag to detonate. Heck picking it up and throwing it down might've done it, too.

It also makes Beardsley Fishinghat's role interesting. Clearly, if he was supposed to be a bomber, he didn't have the same detonator mechanism. I wonder if he had the AK and was supposed to start shooting as the signal to the bombers.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I figured the gloves were hiding wired detonators. Something you'd press with your fingers to set off.

Seems kind of pointless though. Could just as easily hide such a device in a pocket and press when necessary.

Not some form of political/religious symbolism in it is there? Not the "mark" of some particular terror cell maybe? Just speculation.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Something occurred to me just now - how hard would it be to steal/buy the same kind of carts available at the airport? I mean, take one back to a workshop and you could wire just about anything through the (presumably) hollow tubing. At that point, some kind of "ripcord" friction device could be wired to the glove so that if you jerked the hand away (think of a motion like starting a lawn mower), it would trigger the bomb.

That would be pretty stealthy.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Something occurred to me just now - how hard would it be to steal/buy the same kind of carts available at the airport? I mean, take one back to a workshop and you could wire just about anything through the (presumably) hollow tubing. At that point, some kind of "ripcord" friction device could be wired to the glove so that if you jerked the hand away (think of a motion like starting a lawn mower), it would trigger the bomb.

That would be pretty stealthy.

Reported! :shady:

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Brussels attacks: Belgium releases terror murder suspect - BBC News

... Any INGOers have any ideas about why the gloves were necessary?

What was the temperature that day? When I lived there (well, in that region) it could be pretty chilly in March (and july, for that matter) and people in the pics have on coats. Maybe they were each wearing a pair of gloves and being right handed removed the right glove to do something that required dexterity. Like set the timer or something. Just never got around to taking off the other one.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Airport area hit by blast can't reopen. Security concerns.

Security concerns voiced by the security personnel, including police.

The concerns are so strong, they are striking rather than providing security.

Brussels attacks: Police strike halts Brussels airport reopening - BBC News

Vincent Gilles, the president of the SLFP, the largest police union in Belgium, said: "We are on strike because of what happened on 22 March - we cannot continue as if this day has not happened.
    "The police feel the security measures put in place by the airport company are insufficient for those who work and use the airport."
    He says metal detectors, body scanners and x-ray machines should be set up to screen people before they are allowed into terminals.
    The authorities have so far rejected this, arguing that such checks would create new queues outside the buildings, leading to fresh security risks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    attachment.php

QFT

Faked his death to lead a cult.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Check out the amateur video of the arrest of Abrini:
    Paris attacks: Key suspect Abrini arrested in Brussels - BBC News

I've always been intrigued by the different operational principles between USian and Euro law enforcement. The Euros sometimes have a great deal more panache than we do.

For instance, in the video, the plainclothes officers in a totally unmarked car (perhaps even Abrini's own car) appear to basically kidnap the guy, complete with masks. At the end of the video, as the camera pulls back, you can see what appears to be another unmarked car that blocked the road behind the arrest, and I suspect there was one blocking the other direction, too.

Kinda like a plainclothes felony stop.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll take that action. Over/under is what, 30 days?

Well, inching closer:

Belgian Minister Compares Terrorists to Jews Who Hid in WWII - Europe - Haaretz - Israel News Haaretz.com

The gentleman from Belgium had an awkward analogy for the terrorists:
    Jan Jambon, the Belgian interior minister, aroused a storm of controversy in the country Wednesday when, in a television interview, he compared the Muslim terrorists who hid in Brussels for months to “the Jews who hid here during the Nazi occupation,” later clarifying that his comments pertained to "the mechanism of hiding."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll take that action. Over/under is what, 30 days?

Well my friend, looks like I'll owe you some Zombie Dust or somesuch. Jambon is still in office, although he is almost acting like he wants to get fired.

Brussels bombing: Anger over Jambon's 'Muslim dancing' comment - BBC News
    Mr Jambon, whose centre-right nationalist New Flemish Alliance is the largest party in parliament, has been broadly criticised for telling a newspaper that a significant section of the Muslim community danced after the attacks,

Top Bottom