• ...and so much more!
  • Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Atlanta Conservation Club- Multi-Gun Match, August 9th, 2009

Come out and join us in a fun and challenging Multi-Gun match that will be sure to test your skills with rifle, pistol, and shotgun. If you shot our April and/or June Multi-Gun match, you can expect this match’s difficulty level to be similar. If you didn’t shoot one of our matches earlier this year, than you can expect this match to be a little more demanding than ACC matches in past years— shots will be a bit more technical, and the shooting positions a bit more physical.

This month, there will be 5 challenging courses of fire: two stages using 2 guns, one stage using all 3 guns, and two long stages using 1 gun.

Please be aware that there will be an all shotgun stage requiring a minimum of 28 rounds of birdshot to complete, so please plan accordingly as to have some way of carrying enough shells to complete the stage. There will be a trap-bag, dump-pouch, or similar provided at this stage for anyone who needs it. If you are a newer shooter, don't be afraid to ask a veteran Multi-Gunner to borrow equipment. It is very common in this sport, especially when starting out, due to the various gear. Also, if you are a veteran Multi-Gunner, please bring any additional shell holders you may have lying around to loan to newer shooters.

MATCH DATE: Sunday, August 9th

Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

SCORING: Time Plus. USPSA Multi-Gun equipment rules www.uspsa.org

Round Counts:
    Handgun: 41
    Rifle: 46
    Birdshot: 46
    Slugs: 5

MATCH FEE: $20 per shooter
    Saturday Crew: $10 off (contact MD ahead of time for details)
    Sunday Crew: $5 off (Be at the range, by 7:30, and stay for Tear Down)
    RO = $5 off
    (discounts may be combined)

SET-UP: Due to the complexity of Multi-Gun stages, some set-up will be required on the Saturday before each match date. There will also be some set up the day of the match at 8:00 AM. Please help if you can. Contact the Match Director for details if you could help out. Remember, the more help we get from volunteers like you, the better the matches will be!

NOTE: All matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE. All handguns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns must be unloaded, with no magazine inserted, actions open and/or with a chamber safety flag in place. When transporting long guns from stage to stage they should be bagged or secured in a gun-cart. Long guns may also be slung or carried from stage to stage, provided that their muzzles are pointed up. Once at a stage, long guns should remain bagged, in a gun-cart, or in one of our provided gun racks until it is your turn to shoot. You may only handle your gun(s) at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas.
    Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification

Dates of Remaining Multi-Gun Matches ACC:
    August 9

October 11

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I'm interested. Not presently a USPSA member. I take it walk-on registrations are OK?

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    This may sound dumb but is there a way you can just watch the matches? I would like to try to shoot multigun but I have never shot in any competitions and would like to watch and see what its about. I dont really wanna just come shoot and have no clue what is going on. Thanks!

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    This may sound dumb but is there a way you can just watch the matches? I would like to try to shoot multigun but I have never shot in any competitions and would like to watch and see what its about. I dont really wanna just come shoot and have no clue what is going on. Thanks!

Not a dumb question at all. You may certainly come to watch. Let us know when you get there, and we will be happy to explain anything you may have questions about. Although not necesarry, you can help paste targets, reset steel, etc. if you like.

For more info on 3-Gun/Multi-Gun, check out 3gunrules.com and read "Getting Started".

Hope to see you there!

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta Conservation Club

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

By all means. But please be sure to wear eye and ear protection when you do come out.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Not a dumb question at all. You may certainly come to watch. Let us know when you get there, and we will be happy to explain anything you may have questions about. Although not necesarry, you can help paste targets, reset steel, etc. if you like.

For more info on 3-Gun/Multi-Gun, check out 3gunrules.com and read "Getting Started".

Hope to see you there!

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director

By all means. But please be sure to wear eye and ear protection when you do come out.

Thanks guys! I just talked to the wife, and it sounds like I should be able to make it up. When is a good time to show up? Hopefully I will see you sunday.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    GREAT DAY!!!! It was a million degrees out but it was alot of fun. My only issue for the whole day is WHY(oh why) am I soooooo stupid not to bring my guns! I was just going to watch and now I wish I woulda just brought my guns.

It was a good group of guys and girls, the stages seemed very challenging from a spectators viewpoint. I had the chance to shoot 1 stage with a Beretta Cx storm and now I want that gun. Thanks to all who showed a noob what was going on and making it a good day.

Big +1 for Ryan and the whole ACC crew.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Thanks for the complements. Many thanks to the Set-up and Tear-Down Crews as well as the RO's.

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Which guy were you? I was the guy walking around with no guns!! ha ha ha

Tall guy with the blue/white Infinity jersey, Titleist visor and a Safariland 6004 thigh holster. I'm sorry for not seeking you out to meet you, but RO duties kept me pretty occupied.

Top Bottom