• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks for your input 4sarge, I can't hot spot but I have a laptop or two and a cell modem so I can have an online source at each meeting.

I figure we will need some sort of open space for some meetings, where we can maybe "do" skill excersises. I will try and nail down some locations, if anyone has some room and is willing to host a meeting I am open to that as well.

I am also considering some "practical" skills training. Finding subject matter experts to provide "real" knowledge in any number of particular field who wants to step up let me know.

I am a jack of all trades master of none so I may be better suited to organize rather then lead or teach..

If nothing else might hear some great stories..

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Yeah if nothing else, it'll be a good excuse to talk guns. The weather is getting pretty terrific, we could always meet outside somewhere. Deming Park, Collett park, wherever. I also think it would be fun to go to that range you guys mentioned. I'm buying a glock 22 tonight and she needs to eat:ar15:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Ok, here we go.

MSG Vigo County Meet and Greet
    Saturday April 16th
    Gather around 5 PM
    Place still yet to be determined.

I am open to suggestion, here are the places I have thought might work depending on how busy they are..

Charle’s (back room)
    ShowMe’s ( back room)
    Applebee’s (either one)
    7th & Elm (upstairs)
    Beef O’Brady”s
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    Monicals
    TGI Firdays

Please let me know if you can think of another place or which of these your like best...

I am working a deal for a Range Outing on April 30th to be held at Terre Haute Sporting Clays.

I have to let them know how many we will have to get a good price, otherwise it’s about $10 for the day I think.

I am also supposed to let them know what time and how long we want the range. If we have enough we can buy it out and not have to share the range with anyone else.

I would guess we could just do a show and tell or some sort of training, pistol, rifle or shotgun, whatever you want me to put together.

I live close enough I might even trek (walk) there and back home to get some time whiking with my BOB on.. Anyone who would like to meet at Plaza North and walk let me know.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I spoke to the folks at Terre Haute Sporting Clays and it looks like we will be able to put some sort of Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun "Shoot and Tell" gathering on April 30th.

I need to find out how many people would be interested to see what kind of a group rate we will get as well as what time is best for everyone. They are open from 10 AM until 6 PM.

They are also host to some interesting events such as a Ladies Shoot April 16th which is an introduction to shooting clays and a Free First Shoot on May 7th for complete beginners to come and shoot a few different guns, pistol, rifle and shotgun..

Check out their site and consider membership, it is a great place ran by what I believe to excellent like minded folks.

Terre Haute Sporting Clays

Last edited:

munson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Terre Haute
    on New Years a rather large group of us went to Moggers. they put us in a back room all by ourselves. it was pretty private. i was not carrying at the time, but i know at least two people in our party were, and the staff there either didn't mind or didn't notice.

i'm always up for some range time. but what is a "Shoot and Tell"?

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I'm in. I moved to Rockville about a year and a half ago so i'm an hour or two from any family or what I would consider real friends and think this sounds like a great cause to be involved in.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    on New Years a rather large group of us went to Moggers. they put us in a back room all by ourselves. it was pretty private. i was not carrying at the time, but i know at least two people in our party were, and the staff there either didn't mind or didn't notice.

i'm always up for some range time. but what is a "Shoot and Tell"?

Commenting on the Food aspect Only, Moggers was Under New Ownership and unless they have straightened things out the food went terribly downhill. From us being weekly visitors to 0 visits. Dynamite Huge Tenderloins & Huge Onion Rings to burnt mere shadowings of the Past :rolleyes:

munson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Commenting on the Food aspect Only, Moggers was Under New Ownership and unless they have straightened things out the food went terribly downhill. From us being weekly visitors to 0 visits. Dynamite Huge Tenderloins & Huge Onion Rings to burnt mere shadowings of the Past :rolleyes:

i see. lucky all i did that night was drink. :D

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I like Moggers, or at least I haven't had a bad experience there yet. I will check on it..

As for a "shoot and tell" was just a catch phrase, basically a show and tell of your favorite fire arms, or bring what you need range time with, nothing formally setup just a deal on range time and more then likely only a few others or if we are lucky the range to ourselves.

I spent about an hour at the range Saturday, it is $5 an hour for members and $8.50 an hour for non members. Membership went up I think Jan 1st, last year it was only $40 for the year, so one trip a month to the range was worth the discount.

The range club house has most common ammo on hand but if you want something not common give them a call and they can order it for you and have it on hand.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    How many..

I figure that I better pick a place and make reservations but I need to know how many might be coming.

I guess Moggers is a good place, big enough to accomidate us, with some privacy and they have tons of different beer and good food that isn't high priced..

If you think there is a possibility of you coming and enjoying the discussion please either PM me or post on here so I can get the reservation in. I figure I will wait until Monday April 11th to make it so let me know by then.

I figure we can just do a meet and greet and like I had stated before, I think a good topic to start with might be your library of reference material, books, how to guides, etc. I can bring a laptop with internet so if anyone wants to swap digital files bring your library on a thumb drive and we can go frm there.

Other than this, I have to know how many would like to attend a range day at Terre Haute Sporting Clays, I have April 30th sort of reserved but need to know how many, how long, starting at what time. The range is normally open from 10 AM until 6 PM. I figure the tag line of a "Shoot and Tell" coveres it, bring something to shoot and lets swap some stories, information, knowledge and learn from each other.

If we decide we need a Class III party date it would have to be on Monday or Tuesday and we can get the range to ourselves then.

I am also working on some training for the summer, I figure if it costs most would kick in, otherwise I am working on some free training just to get some people some more knowledge.

Any interest in any of these subject please feel free to sound off on here or PM me. I am willing to share all of the knowledge and training I have and hope to learn from others what I am lacking..

Be safe, remember.. "better to be dead and cool then alive and uncool"..

munson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Terre Haute
    are we still locked in for saturday the 16th? because that is gonna be iffy for me. i likely won't know if i can attend until the day of, or at best the friday prior.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I know a little, let me know if your going to meet sounds like this is what i was looking for.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Sorry for the gap in replies folks, I was on vacation soaking up some sun in South Padre with my better half..

MEET & GREET - INFO SWAP:
    5PM – 7PM
    April 16th, 2011
    Moggers Restaurant & Bar
    908 Poplar Street
    Terre Haute, IN
    http://www.moggers-restaurant.com/

Yes the meet and greet / information swap will be April 16th at Moggers and I will reserve room for 6-12 people and if more show up I am sure it will be fine. I will make the reservation for 5 PM and tell them we will maybe be there until 7 PM. I am sure that if we needed to continue we could in the bar area. I would also like to let everyone know, this is not just a “prepper” meeting but a meeting of gun enthusiasts with a preparations overtone.. lol I don't want anyone to feel excluded...

I will bring all of my digital documents and a laptop so if anyone wants a copy all they have to do is bring a thumb drive or usb drive. What I have takes up just over 500 meg. Moggers has free wifi so we will be connected.

I am also open to any discussion on any subject except religion and politics. I steer clear of those subjects..

RANGE OUTING:

I am finalizing a range outing and get you the info on that, I am setting it up for Saturday April 30th starting at either 10 AM and going until about Noon or starting at 1 PM and going until 3 PM. Whichever more people agree is better for them. I figure it is best to maybe start by just having some open range time where folks can just shoot and then after if someone wants to do some drills or other training we can work that out as well. I will make myself available all day.

I am trying to work out a deal for the cost of the range, normally it is $8.50 per hour for non-members and 45 for members. I am trying to work it out so that everyone will only be charged at the Member rate of $5. If you come to hang out and not shoot I believe it is free.

I will post more info on the range day but I need to know how many will want to shoot and what time of the day is best.

FYI:

Terre Haute Sporting Clays will host a First Shoot Program on May 7th at 11:00 AM sharp. This event is sponsored by the National Sport Shooting Foundation. (NSSF)

This event is for anyone who would like to come out to the range and learn how to Safely Handle a variety of fire arms with certified instructors. The event is free to the public. You will be instructed on firearm safety and safe handling of a variety of firearms. (pistols, rifles and shotguns)

If your going to join us for free and unique opportunity please call the club house to sign up for this event. (812) 535-3787 or email the webmaster@terrehautesportingclays.com and let them know your coming.
    You Must Pre Register in order for us to have the appropriate number of instructors on hand.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Reservations have been made at Moggers. Just ask for TJ and the INGO group.

I will try to greet everyone at the door if I can. Look for a green shirt and a black hat.

Hope everyone comes out to say hey..

Also I really need a no bs, yes there is a possibility that I will come count so either let me know on here or PM me. I want to make sure we have the accurate amount of room.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Just a clarification and so folks understand what I think an MSG is. I was asked by a member and this is my reply. Figured it might be interesting to those considering coming Saturday.

MSG = Mutual Support Group.

As an example, and in my opinion, a group of individuals that come together as a group to learn, train and work to be prepared for crisis and if one happens, ice storm, severe weather, tornado, etc work together to keep everyone alive, well and ok.

As a practical example, you are a husband and father and are away from home, for work, for deployment, etc and a storm rolls in and puts a tree on your house, your family contacts your fellow MSG members and we band together to take care of yours as our own, clear your home, make it safe, keep everyone safe..

This meeting Saturday is a meet and greet and information swap, basically any reference material you have digitally stored can be shared, copied, swapped, etc so everyone has the same info about whatever..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks Munson and the others who are planning on trying to attend.

I was asked about parking and oc'ing at Moggers.

I have OC'd to a degree, wore a coat in, took it off sat down eat and left with a sidearm showing.

As for parking, the side streets to the east and west of Moggers usually have some spots as well as the parking on the north side.

I would advise against parking in the CVS lot because there are signs and I have heard of folks being towed. But a way around that is to go in a buy a pack of gum and leave the recipt in the dash near the VIN so that if they come look to tow you they will see a recipt and most likely leave you alone. Just what I have heard works. But it sounds like it would.. Your gamble, I usually park in the back.

Top Bottom