• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • munson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Terre Haute
    lol i don't have enough posts to pm i guess. if you would, pm me and let me know what went down. sorry i couldn't make it last night. family matters take precedent i reckon.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Weather permitting there will be a range outing for anyone who wishes to attend. Bring whatever you want range time with.

Terre Haute Sporting Clays Rifle and Pistol Range
    Saturday April 30th
    10 AM - whenever..

Bring all of your own gear, some targets and ammo is available at the club house.

Range cost for members is $5
    Range cost for non-members is $8.50 and I am trying to get all of us INGO members member rates.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks to those who came out for the shoot at Terre Haute Sporting Clays. For those who missed out, I am thinking we will have another shoot in May probably at a different range, more info soon..

Any suggestions for a range or other meeting or event please post here so we can all share in the fun..

It could be a swap meet, a group buy, any sort of activity that would benefit us all.

I am considering a group buy for ammo and other firearm supplies..

Also the Terre Haute Sporting Clays "First Shoot" originally scheduled for May 7th has been moved to July 9th. Check out Terre Haute Sporting Clays for more details.

If anyone has any suggestions on how we can do things different as a group to make it better for all of us please post it here and let us know..

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Thanks for setting this up TJ. I didn't get a chance to do much shooting today but it was nice to get together with you guys again. Is there any chance we will be able to get the range to ourselves for an hour or two next time.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    @ csmith I will ask about the price, I would a bit of $ but I will let you know. The other choice is a different day, I have been there during the week and had the place to myself all day..

Or a different range.. I am working on a private land long range shoot, out to about 500-600 and all to ourselves, location is being set.

BTW I only popped 20 primers on the 308, and I worked with the boy a little but I know what your meaning about the others on the range and lack of knowledge on how a range usually operates.. But it isn't my range and I am not sure if they get enough business to afford a range officer..

To any other shooter in the Vigo County area interested in joining us for our meets and shoots please sound off on here so we know how many we can plan for. The more we have the cheaper it gets for all of us and if we all want to run drills and long shoots we need to work together to pull off some serious training...

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Looking into the preference of any area training requests, I figure we should throw around some ideas and get a bead on what everyone wants in the way of training.

Also I am looking into another range day, show and shoot open to anyone interested no matter what your experience is.

So let me know on here or a PM or if you have it text or call me and I will find a subject matter expert for whatever if I can and see about a time and place to hold some training..

munson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Terre Haute
    i've been quite busy, so sorry i missed it. what is the next planned event? if i know enough in advance i should be able to get the time off so i can actually participate.

btw if any of you are ever in the Wally on 41, come by the wireless center and say howdy. name is Bradley. maybe i'll sell you a phone :)

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Next Event..

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion, I was thinking of maybe some first aid training, triage, wound dressing, how to stop bleeding type things..

I would also figure that a good range day may be needed. This time we can take over, buy out or go to a range where we won't be bothered by 20 sumthing college kids shooting gangsta style and just walking out on the range to blast through a mag and then stand and talk about it at the target for 10 minutes.. LOL

I would also like to get a BOB outing setup somewhere around where we can meet, take off on foot, camp out of our bags and then walk back.

I need suggestions, ideas, some kind of direction for everyone involved, if I went at this as what do I want it might not include others wants, needs desires..lol

Sound off for what your interested in.

As a side note, I thought about a swap meet for the entire area, I am working on getting a place together for late July, sign up and more info to come..

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Hey TJ I was thinking about first aid type training also. I know you mentioned before knowing someone that might be able to give us some advanced first aid training. I would also be interested in a BOB testing trip. What does everyone think about a BOB show and tell? I know mine is pretty basic and I'm sure it's missing something that you guys are surely carrying.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Hey Casey, Yes I think a first aid and other medical type info would be best. I need to line up a location and the subject matter expert. A friend of mine might be available, he is an EMT Trainer and very good at communicating to students (us) what is key and what is bs..

The BOB Show and Tell could be done on line, or as a group, whichever is best for everyone. I can photo my stuff, I have before, and put it somewhere on INGO, maybe that new sticky that WETSU started, good info there guys..

The BOB show and tell can proceed tha BO outing..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    First Aid, First Responder Training

I am working on lining up a place and a subject matter expert for a small numbers, hands on first aid, triage and emergency medical responce training.

I need a no BS number of individuals who are interested and who are willing to kick in a couple bucks for the trainers travel cost if they aren't local. They would be donating their time. I just think it is a nice gesture to cover at least some gas money. I would estimate a comfortable class size as 10 or less. So donation would be dependant on that. The more, the cheaper up to about 10. I think beyond that the true one on one instruction is too low to justify paying for the training.

I am looking at Saturday June 18th and Saturday June 25th.

Make your reservation now. I am sure there are 10 out there in the area who would pay a couple bucks and take a few hours out of a Saturday to learn some almost invaluable information hands on with someone who does it every day..

I will need to notify the expert of the date and time before Wednesday June 15th and will be able to let everyone know the exact time and place.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Ok my first choice for a subjeect matter expert is unavailable this month but I am trying others to see if I can find a suitable trainer to help us all learn or refresh what we need to know.

I am still leaning towards June 25th personally, and because I now have to find a new trainer.

Sorry folks, I am working at this along with about 6 other things at the same time, oh and I have a personal life too, I think, I might still have one.. lol

If anyone has any suggestionis, knows of an EMT Trainer or other expert please shoot me a PM..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    OK why redo what others have already done.

I know it might be a little bit of a haul to go to this and maybe a little over the price you are wanting to pay but since I am hitting dead ends trying to get a local subject matter expert for some training I saw this post and thought I would invite anyone in the area to share a ride to the training. It is Saturday July 2nd near Indy. If anyone is interested pleast let me know either on here or a PM.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/153753-rnm_trauma_class.html

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    So how was the trauma class? I was looking forward to going but I had family obligations that weekend. Is it something you would suggest other members going to next time it is offered?

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    I'm intrigued by what you guys have going on here. Any ideas about future meetings/gatherings? My schedule is somewhat chaotic but if I can make it I would love to attend.

Top Bottom