• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    Does anyone know a good website/store where a fella can pick up genuine military MREs for a good deal. My local surplus store charges me 70 bucks a case. I know you can find deals at gun shows for about 50 bucks a case. Most website that I've found kill you with shipping charges. Any info would be appreciated.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    depending on how many cases you are looking for and how much time you are willing to invest you can get good deals on Ebay. I have been able to find the freshest inspection date at good prices there. It does take a while some times to dig through bad auctions. I always find someone with a quantity of MREs to sell then email them for their best price on a couple cases. They usually sell them off of Ebay and avoid the seller fees.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Last ones I bought on ebay were from a user named lynnseylou. They were selling half cases for $22.99. I got a full case and shipping was $18.84 (actual).

I know that is $64.82 for a case, but they are fresh date and genuine military MRE's to your door.

Saved the seller for later. Didn't think to ask about off ebay sales.

Last edited:

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    People sometimes freak when I tell them this, but I was given a case of brown bag mre's 2 yrs ago. Ate a few while camping, hunting, then later looked at the box- dated 1988! Didn't get sick. The brownies, however, were past their prime.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Some of my current stock is from there. Shipped to me from South Carolina though... go figure.

Need to find someone who works there and gets an employee discount.
    unless you speak spanish you may be out of luck there

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yes, MREINFO.com is a great site with lots of MRE specific info.

The differences depend. Some civilian MREs, like the ones Ameriqual sells, are basically the same as a military MRE, minus the accessory pack, with the addition of a different heater. Ameriqual meals have the exact same food because Ameriqual is an MRE supplier, so they just take what they already have for the most part to make a civilian meal with some minor differences. There are civilian MREs out there that are nothing like military MREs as well, but I have no experience with them.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The Ameriqual that I just got doesn't have as rugged of an exterior. Makes no difference when sitting in the basement, but the bags might be compromised easier in the field. I have to use a blade to open the GI versions.

I put an Ameriqual in my GHB because it was smaller. Oh and they had real M&M's in them as well... for whatever that could be worth.

Still haven't tasted the Ameriqual but I have gotten good first hand reviews of the quality.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    People sometimes freak when I tell them this, but I was given a case of brown bag mre's 2 yrs ago. Ate a few while camping, hunting, then later looked at the box- dated 1988! Didn't get sick. The brownies, however, were past their prime.
    :laugh:
    The thing about MREs is they don't have as good a shelf life as freezed dried, or is it dehydrated? I know you need water with these options, but they were my choice for long term storage (up to 30 years) in a SHTF bug in event. I do have some MREs for the road.

Indy500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Not local, but if you're in Columbia, MO. Armygear.net -- MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) -YOU ARE BUYING TWO CASES Been there, real nice guys. And you can pick up your powder and primers at MidwayUSA too...
    I ordered this and just received it yesterday. The good news is there was no duplicates and, judging by the packaging, they are no older than 2008. The bad news is they were not shipped in the original case and I could not find any date stamps on them, so there is no way to tell exactly when they were made.

Top Bottom