• ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    So while my wife was in the kitchen making me a sandwich she mentioned that it might be nice to get a riding mower. Currently we have a 21” push mower and I do keep the blades sharp for her.

Since we only have 2 acres to mow I told her that a riding mower sounds a bit much. I mentioned to her that she has been push mowing for many years and I sure didn’t see any reason to pay the money for one at this time. I also let her know that with the days getting longer she has more light to mow after she gets home from work. I was even nice enough to explain that she wouldn’t be pregnant forever and after she delivers the mowing should get a lot easier.

I don’t think she was too happy about this as, though she did bring me my sandwich, she never brought me the requested beer.

I guess I just want to know if anyone else runs into issues like this and if you have any advice on how to get her back in line.

Sign me puzzled….

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    So while my wife was in the kitchen making me a sandwich she mentioned that it might be nice to get a riding mower. Currently we have a 21” push mower and I do keep the blades sharp for her.

Since we only have 2 acres to mow I told her that a riding mower sounds a bit much. I mentioned to her that she has been push mowing for many years and I sure didn’t see any reason to pay the money for one at this time. I also let her know that with the days getting longer she has more light to mow after she gets home from work. I was even nice enough to explain that she wouldn’t be pregnant forever and after she delivers the mowing should get a lot easier.

I don’t think she was too happy about this as, though she did bring me my sandwich, she never brought me the requested beer.

I guess I just want to know if anyone else runs into issues like this and if you have any advice on how to get her back in line.

Sign me puzzled….

What, no cast iron pan up alongside the head? You have it made!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Be strong, hold the line. You give in on this and next thang you know she'll be complaining bout walking round the kitchen barefooted.
    This is the answer. If you give in now you will be buying a dishwasher next.

Not sure why the other guy used purple? :nuts:

Oh yeah I hope you didn't eat that sandwich

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've found that as they get older pushing 1 1/2 acres is about their limit. Maybe put in a pool or tennis court to utilize that extra 1/2 acre so she doesn't have to mow?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Sign me puzzled….

That's wierd.

She always brings me a sandwich AND a beer.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Get the mower. It will be a BUNCH cheaper than either the doctors bills or the divorce. Trust me. I'm a slow learner and lost half my stuff twice :spend:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom