• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is it acceptable to mount an eotech completely on the handgaurd? The farther forward it is, the more effective the sight is for me. I've been told that you're not supposed to attach an optic on the rail, however my front sight has retained zero so I'm thinking that it would work.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    "Acceptable?" Not like the AR Accessory Police are gonna write you a ticket or something. :):

Of course it's physically possible, and if it works better for you that way, run it. Wouldn't be my personal choice for a couple different reasons.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I ran mine just in front of the ejection port on my XCR. I found it was a good field of view and I liked it.

I am also thinking of getting the latest version EO and selling this Aimpoint I got. Or else getting a Micro Aimpoint. I can't stand the 'tube' feeling and the amount of space it seems to absorb and height of the optic above the rifle... I am about to turn back.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I ran mine just in front of the ejection port on my XCR. I found it was a good field of view and I liked it.

I am also thinking of getting the latest version EO and selling this Aimpoint I got. Or else getting a Micro Aimpoint. I can't stand the 'tube' feeling and the amount of space it seems to absorb and height of the optic above the rifle... I am about to turn back.

I've had a few aimpoints. They were nice in the fact that they had a long battery life. However, they were not as durable as the eotechs, or at least the revision fs ive had. If the glass breaks, you're out of luck. The LED was glued in. There are wires in the aimpoint which can cause problems. The older models that I've had didn't epoxy the electronics and I'm not sure if they do that now. I've had eotechs break, but they were still operational (broken hoods, cracked glass? laminate?)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    IMG_0003.jpg

This is how I run mine. Played with it and this allows me to use both eyes open and best field of view.

Top Bottom