• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Back in the '80s, the days before cable and internet, Motorweek was appointment TV for me. Goss' Garage was a great segment. That booming baritone voice was authoritative. He will be missed.
    I agree. I always enjoyed his segments when I was able to catch the show. Sometimes I felt like he was being forced to dumb-down some of his material due to the shows limited scope.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Back in the '80s, the days before cable and internet, Motorweek was appointment TV for me. Goss' Garage was a great segment. That booming baritone voice was authoritative. He will be missed.
    I was a weekly fan also and recently saw part of an episode after not watching it for probably close to 20 years, I couldn't believe they had about the cast, and Pat looked to be in bad shape.
    Im amazed as to how some of those PBS shows keep the same core cast for decades, This Old House being another example.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was a regular viewer back when it was on PBS pre cable days. Goss’ Garage was my favorite segment. When I saw an episode a month or so ago I really thought he looked bad and was surprised he was still doing the segment. He will be missed, as so many of the actors and musicians I grew up with will.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    It never was the same after Vila left.
    It was so much better. Villa knew very little about what the tradesmen were doing on the show and came off as a pompous condescending ass towards them. The second host had the same qualities. The current host is great. That show has survived by the great contractors that have been at the center of the show who did not get the inflated ego that Villa displayed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It’s always sad to hear of someone you “knew” passing. Like all y’all up thread, I would watch that show on occasion. Prayers of God’s comfort for his family and friends as they grieve his passing.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Always like his stuff.

Like somebody mentioned up thread, he was looking pretty run down and unhealthy as of late.

Sad to see him go.

Good thoughts for his family and loved ones.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    It was so much better. Villa knew very little about what the tradesmen were doing on the show and came off as a pompous condescending ass towards them. The second host had the same qualities. The current host is great. That show has survived by the great contractors that have been at the center of the show who did not get the inflated ego that Villa displayed.

Kevin O'Connor does a great job of playing the rube for those that like that sort of thing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I agree. I always enjoyed his segments when I was able to catch the show. Sometimes I felt like he was being forced to dumb-down some of his material due to the shows limited scope.
    When I started watching in the '80s, I was a pre-teen, then teenager, so "dumbed down" was fine with me back then.

From time to time, I still watch old '80s and '90s Motorweek on Youtube. There's a bunch on there.

I still enjoys This Old House and Ask This Old House and used to really like New Yankee Workshop.

I watch it online now as the episodes always seem to be on when I want to actually be doing the projects. TOH used to give a lot more info on costs, but not anymore. I get that. There is a lot of promotional exchange so what it costs the homeowner there is pretty far from what it would cost anyone else. Also, local labor variations make it hard for a national show to be accurate for more than just that region.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Goss will be missed. He was a big part in the growth and development of the show.

Sad how life does that. We are all someone's memory in time.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    I was an automotive junkie back then and I ate up every show and magazine I could find. Motorweek was a refreshing bit of straight shooting, informative, pleasant reporting among the deep pool of auto pseudo intellectuals and “irreverent” snark practically everywhere else. Like getting a car review from your friendly neighbor. Rare if not impossible to find that these days.

Top Bottom