• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sounds about what I do.
    After 20+ MCs & not having one for 11 yrs b/c I thought I was done with them when I got a Honda S2000 convertible.
    I decided in retirement I wanted to have a MC to putz around in.

In my case, b/c of arthritis. . .
    You should try one of the Honda DCT models, I know the follow have it, maybe other models too:
    • NC750x
    • Rebel 1100
    • Goldwing
    • Africa Twin

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Only funny because it's true

As picture below I have clothing and gear for a month on the road, including 2 extra 5 liter fuel bladders, tent & sleeping bags, cooking gear, repair tools, etc. I don't carry much food, usually just a meal's worth or some snacks

The top box and side cases actually are all quick detach, even the auxiliary lighting that is attached to the cases are quick disconnect. But I now just leave them all on the bike all the time. I've found I can carry an entire grocery cart worth of food home, no need to use a car. 22 liters up front, 37 + 37 liters on the sides and 42 liters in the back. Although I do admit it takes some creative packing some times to get everything into the cases.

tempImagewUosaD.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just looking at the above photo, is that the stock seat on your bike ?
    Rear seat was replaced with a cargo rack from HondaBikePro. Front seat was replaced with a Corbin.

a bit easier to see in this photo

A2icVcSYTzu%6t55G7UhZw.jpg

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Only funny because it's true

As picture below I have clothing and gear for a month on the road, including 2 extra 5 liter fuel bladders, tent & sleeping bags, cooking gear, repair tools, etc. I don't carry much food, usually just a meal's worth or some snacks

The top box and side cases actually are all quick detach, even the auxiliary lighting that is attached to the cases are quick disconnect. But I now just leave them all on the bike all the time. I've found I can carry an entire grocery cart worth of food home, no need to use a car. 22 liters up front, 37 + 37 liters on the sides and 42 liters in the back. Although I do admit it takes some creative packing some times to get everything into the cases.

View attachment 146798
    41716738-9467499-image-a-11_1618348748964.jpg

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I had replaced the seat on my St1300 with a Russell Day Long Saddle and was deliberating doing the same on the Wing when winter time comes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My wife went down on the gravel at a corner. Turning right, off asphalt onto the gravel, she said she was going a bit too fast. Fortunately it was still low speed, apparently just not low enough. She wasn’t shaken or hurt but more was upset with herself. I went back to help lift the bike but she wanted to do it herself. Still I spotted from behind and helped a little, but not too much. I did remind her to put he kickstand down so the bike would come to rest on the stand instead of just falling over the other direction.

Probably partly my fault, I switched from 80/20 tires to 100% road tires. She almost never rides gravel (except our back driveway) and driveways don’t really count.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    She is good. Nobody saw it happen so it didn't happen. Right?
    Glad she is ok. The last time I dropped a bike was in the early 80's on my way home from work. I was riding a 1979 GS750 Suzuki the last year for a kick start I believe. I was rolling up to a very busy 4-way stop intersection when my main tank ran out. I quickly switched to reserve on the fly. Since I was rolling slowly by then up to the stop I just swung out the kick start level and gave it a quick jab. The bike started right up before I came to a complete stop. What I didn't know was the kick start lever when up my pants leg and I couldn't put my right foot down at the stop. Yep we flopped right there. I felt like leaving it right there and walking home! But a couple guys I worked with were right behind me and rushed to help up right the bike and get me on the way. I don't see how they did it as hard as they were laughing!

download (11).gif

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’ve had a couple of “uncomfortable” moments on my new Africa Twin, both at walking speed or less. It’s a big, tall, and heavy bike and putting a foot down on a crowned or rough road has almost resulted in a fall. One tipsy moment was accompanied by a dose of whiskey throttle making the incident look even more dorky (the DCT is always in gear when moving, no clutch to pull in). Lesson learned, the low seat is going on this coming weekend. Out on the road has been pure joy.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    My wife went down on the gravel at a corner. Turning right, off asphalt onto the gravel, she said she was going a bit too fast. Fortunately it was still low speed, apparently just not low enough. She wasn’t shaken or hurt but more was upset with herself. I went back to help lift the bike but she wanted to do it herself. Still I spotted from behind and helped a little, but not too much. I did remind her to put he kickstand down so the bike would come to rest on the stand instead of just falling over the other direction.

Probably partly my fault, I switched from 80/20 tires to 100% road tires. She almost never rides gravel (except our back driveway) and driveways don’t really count.
    Glad she is OK.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Almosy had an oopsie the other day. Leaving work getting on the toll road there was a bunch of sand blown over the road to the onramp at a curve. Best guess from the satellite photo circled where the arrow is pointing.
    d5c2844134b8bd904b328b544dde0e00.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We get a fair amount of gravel and silt washed into the roadway down here this time of the year. Gully washer rains and thunderstorms.

Top Bottom