• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I may have thrown on the crappy Joe Rocket suit and a 3/4 helmet and taken it for a spin. I also may have forgotten to put the temp plate on in my excitement while I did so and thankfully the popo did not see me. I...I mean allegedly.
    Pics or it didn't happen! :lmfao:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks for all the advice on the phone mount! :ingo:

I took the quick and simple route, to start with anyway. Got the Techmount and adapter to hook to my existing RAM ball.

It's got a little shake during rough surfaces, but no indication that it could go anywhere, much less drop the phone. I'm still working on ideal positioning and a simple way to switch between horizontal and vertical.

My phone (Note 9) does not do horizontal well with some apps, Chrome for one. Needless to say, that's pretty important for some streaming of radio stations and the like. I'm still trying to decide whether to investigate phone workarounds or a riding/driving app?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

I took the quick and simple route, to start with anyway. Got the Techmount and adapter to hook to my existing RAM ball.

It's got a little shake during rough surfaces, but no indication that it could go anywhere, much less drop the phone. I'm still working on ideal positioning and a simple way to switch between horizontal and vertical.

My phone (Note 9) does not do horizontal well with some apps, Chrome for one. Needless to say, that's pretty important for some streaming of radio stations and the like. I'm still trying to decide whether to investigate phone workarounds or a riding/driving app?
    Riding/driving app? Like navigation?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Use a voice command system and it won't matter which way your screen is oriented. I get turn by turn direction, can control my music, answer my phone, even change radio stations by voice command.

But if orientation is important, the QuadLock phone lock allows you to lock your phone to your bike in EITHER vertical or HORIZONTAL position. Takes about 2 seconds to switch it from vertical to horizontal and is done with one hand.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In other news, here is a new article on Moto safety clothing, and the lack of uniform standards here in the US. I don't advocate for mandatory standards but I prefer to buy gear that is CE certified (not just uses CE certified parts, but the garments are actually certified). I've got no quibble with those who prefer jeans, t-shirts and no helmets. Ride your own ride.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    In other news, here is a new article on Moto safety clothing, and the lack of uniform standards here in the US. I don't advocate for mandatory standards but I prefer to buy gear that is CE certified (not just uses CE certified parts, but the garments are actually certified). I've got no quibble with those who prefer jeans, t-shirts and no helmets. Ride your own ride.

This is an article from Aug. 2000.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I sold my ride on Sunday. Sad to watch someone else ride it away. Fun to put a wad of cash in the safe. It's been 25 years since I haven't had a motorcycle. Life will be different now.
    In 2003 I was waiting on my new 2004 FXSTS to arrive that I had ordered. I had made the deal to trade in my 1980 Sportster and ended up without a motorcycle for about two weeks. That was the only time I had been without a bike since 1972, quite traumatic. Jim.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So I just noticed a discrepancy between my VIN on the paperwork and my actual VIN that I somehow didn't notice when I put it on my insurance and the only reason I did notice was because I was putting it away in my safe(the papers)and remembered they made a big deal about the one I actually bought ending in 00001. Called the dealer and they said it's not a huge problem. They're gonna get together all the right paperwork and overnight it with a return envelope. So -1 and +10 for a total of +9 to Kendallville Powersports.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well after selling my BMW GS Adventurer in September and my Ultra Classic in October after a two week trip to the Texas Hill Country I went bikeless until Saturday.

M&E Honda in Bedford had a brand new 2021 Goldwing Tour DCT just waiting for me to ride out of the showroom.

Best part is after trying to buy one in Indywhere they wouldnt come off list price, M&E sold this one for $2K less than MSRP.

Now I have a whole lot of reading and accessorizing to do.

Top Bottom