• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I was looking at my Google location history and apparently they can tell when you were on a motorcycle vs. driving. I looked it up and apparently it uses the gyroscope on your phone to figure this out.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I was looking at my Google location history and apparently they can tell when you were on a motorcycle vs. driving. I looked it up and apparently it uses the gyroscope on your phone to figure this out.
    How about if I lean around corners in a car? What about those with chicken strips who never lean? What is this madness.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Kokomo Dave,
    I saw where you were going to buy new riding gear.
    What did you end up getting ?
    I was thinking about a trip to Competition Accessories in Springfield Ohio to check out what they have in stock.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I went to Westfield Powersports and bought Noru water proof jacket, pants and gloves. They were on sale from 50% - 65% off. They aren't top of the line like some of the riders on INGO own but not bottom tier either. The coat zips onto the pants so there are no gaps for water to shed into. I normally do not wear any type of specialized riding gear or coconut protector. I did buy a medium tier Bell helmet from theTerre Haute KTM dealership where I got my 890 Duke R.

Attachments

• 20220407_225355.jpg
      20220407_225355.jpg
      201.4 KB · Views: 8

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I went to Westfield Powersports and bought Noru water proof jacket, pants and gloves. They were on sale from 50% - 65% off. They aren't top of the line like some of the riders on INGO own but not bottom tier either. The coat zips onto the pants so there are no gaps for water to shed into. I normally do not wear any type of specialized riding gear or coconut protector. I did buy a medium tier Bell helmet from theTerre Haute KTM dealership where I got my 890 Duke R.
    Noru makes some nice looking jackets with some nice features.

Make sure to get a CE back protector in for you jacket, the foam pads in most jackets are non-protective and just placeholders for CE protector inserts.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was going to stop in at an auction in Frankfort tomorrow morning. Think I'll swing in there on the way back and see what they've got in stock.
    You need to give us a review on the new stuff after you've had a chance to get some miles on them.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Can I ask what pudhed you into the Bell? What model?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The Bell is the military tribute Qualifier DLX MIPS with Protint. I'm a veteran. The MIPS appealed to me since I am fused from C3 to T1.
    Nice helmet, I wish MIPS was in more helmets.

Arai claims their helmet shape (which is more round) protects agains rotational injuries by changing the glancing impact energy (or something like that). But why not use MIPS technology in most/all helmets?

It is inexpensive and simple technology that might be life/brain saving.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The Bell is the military tribute Qualifier DLX MIPS with Protint. I'm a veteran. The MIPS appealed to me since I am fused from C3 to T1.
    Ok thanks, other than a Shoei Multitec I have always just bought middle to upper end Shoei Snell approv full coverage. They have always fit me well.
    I should read more on the topic.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, I'm going to return the riding gear as they have flaws I find most unappealing. The coat doesn't allow concealed carry except shoulder holsters. The pants are made for someone that doesn't workout. The gloves are okay on my right hand but I can't even get on my left hand.
    I believe I will be upgrading to either Alpine Star or Fox.

The Bell helmet isn't Snell rated. It's just got DOT stamp.

Top Bottom