• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jolly rancher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    I just saw an article on the channel 59’s website that a fourth stimulus check may be waiting in the wings. The article went on to talk about how the last check lifted millions out of poverty and that a fourth check would lift another 7 million out of poverty especially if the payment went to everyone (I assume they were referring to non-citizens). It is kind of like reliving the 1960’s “war on poverty” all over again and the only thing missing is another pointless overseas war. Oh wait we already have two of those and big business is still making bank off of them just like in 1965-1973. Why worry about solving the real problems facing the average American like unaffordable healthcare and a lack of jobs that pay a living wage when you can play the role of “Nero” and offer the masses bread and circus. The more you hand feed people bread the more dependent they become on that bread and the more secure your grip on power becomes, just look at Venezuela.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I just saw an article on the channel 59’s website that a fourth stimulus check may be waiting in the wings. The article went on to talk about how the last check lifted millions out of poverty and that a fourth check would lift another 7 million out of poverty especially if the payment went to everyone (I assume they were referring to non-citizens). It is kind of like reliving the 1960’s “war on poverty” all over again and the only thing missing is another pointless overseas war. Oh wait we already have two of those and big business is still making bank off of them just like in 1965-1973. Why worry about solving the real problems facing the average American like unaffordable healthcare and a lack of jobs that pay a living wage when you can play the role of “Nero” and offer the masses bread and circus. The more you hand feed people bread the more dependent they become on that bread and the more secure your grip on power becomes, just look at Venezuela.
    Biden seems to me to be a lot more than Gaius Caesar (aka Caligula). It’s said that “Little Boots” tried to appoint his horse to a consulship.

If we could get “Mr. Ed” to replace Schumer in the Senate, at least there would be an entire horse, and there would be one less horse’s hindquarters, there.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Oh yeah, I saw the NPR puff piece about how a single $1,400 helicopter money check "tackled child poverty". I guess Trump's multiple stimmy drops didn't do anything for child poverty. :rolleyes:

Bought my first silver this week. Over the last few years I've really built up a decent cash savings emergency fund, now I'm seriously thinking about whether that money is going to be toilet paper in a year.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My Bitcoin is up 12.5% in the past month since I bought in. I don't have a lot in it and if I lose it it's not that big of a deal. I don't have the confidence in it to put real money into it yet.
    I've been buying silver. I don't have enough confidence to ever invest in something that seems to be a figment of someone's imagination. I know that the dollar is basically a fiat currency now, but bitcoin never existed, and never will. Seems like the biggest scam ever perpetuated to me. But I'm just naturally skeptical. Maybe when someone can actually hand me a bitcoin that I can hold in my hand, I'll feel differently.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been buying silver. I don't have enough confidence to ever invest in something that seems to be a figment of someone's imagination. I know that the dollar is basically a fiat currency now, but bitcoin never existed, and never will. Seems like the biggest scam ever perpetuated to me. But I'm just naturally skeptical. Maybe when someone can actually hand me a bitcoin that I can hold in my hand, I'll feel differently.
    I don’t claim to have a decent understanding of it but I will say that if the person who accepted 10,000 bitcoins for two pizzas during the first ever Bitcoin retail transaction back in 2009 still has them, he’s sitting on $500,000,000.00.

Its kind of like the lottery for me. Might lose a little money but ya just never know.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I hope so. Might as well burn it all down right now. Our 401Ks are going to be worth zip, in less than two years. Besides, being responsible and saving for retirement is for suckers.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My Bitcoin is up 12.5% in the past month since I bought in. I don't have a lot in it and if I lose it it's not that big of a deal. I don't have the confidence in it to put real money into it yet.
    Real Money?

Pray tell where did you get that?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Bought my first silver this week. Over the last few years I've really built up a decent cash savings emergency fund, now I'm seriously thinking about whether that money is going to be toilet paper in a year.
    I always find it funny how people who think that in a world where the US dollar, the world's reserve currency, is "toilet paper," that their little silver trinkets will be worth anything.

Top Bottom