• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Student loan debt is currently $1.6 Trillion according to Forbes.
    Total auto loan debt is only $1.2 Trillion and most with student loans also have auto debt.

So...just cancel all auto loans! This would benefit almost all Americans, even those who didn't go to college, and would free up money for the students to pay off their college loans.
    And, it would save about $600 Billion.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    To be fair just give every citizen $50,000, they could print it on monopoly money becasue thats about what our dollar will be worth when they are done with all the handouts. Pisses me off that i paid off my student loans in 2 years, and now i get to help pay for irresponsible people's as well.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At least with a student loan, you're likely to make money (most often a lot of money).

Auto loans are just throwing money at a depreciating asset. Rarely is it ever not a poor fiscal decision.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At least with a student loan, you're likely to make money (most often a lot of money).

Auto loans are just throwing money at a depreciating asset. Rarely is it ever not a poor fiscal decision.
    Yeah, but....shiny.

Oh...and I'm pretty sure my student loan worked out well for me.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I would like to have my education costs reimbursed to me. I worked full time and went to school at night and on weekends with 2 babies at home. Why only forgive loans, I paid for mine out of pocket- cut me a check. Oh that's right, I'm not a leech democrat wanting everyone else to pay my way.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Gotta reward all of the willingly indoctrinated somehow.

No worries folks at this point we won’t be paying for it, nor will our children’s children’s children. Just keep on passing that buck, I’m sure it’ll work out fine in the long run.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

A low interest loan for a reliable vehicle is a better fiscal decision than spending the lump sum on the same vehicle, considering the opportunity cost. And for some of us, a vehicle is much more than a necessary appliance.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Not only do they want to write off student loans, they want to give away free money:

Under the American Opportunity Account Act, reintroduced by Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., and Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., the government would provide every American child with a $1,000 savings account and would give an additional $2,000 every year depending on income.

Known as "baby bonds," the program would give up to $46,000 for children in the poorest families. Recipients could begin withdrawing money from their accounts at age 18, giving them the money needed to spend on things like college, a downpayment on a home or launching a small business.

The funds would sit in a federally insured account managed by the Treasury Department paying about 3% interest.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Student loan debt is currently $1.6 Trillion according to Forbes.
    Total auto loan debt is only $1.2 Trillion and most with student loans also have auto debt.

So...just cancel all auto loans! This would benefit almost all Americans, even those who didn't go to college, and would free up money for the students to pay off their college loans.
    And, it would save about $600 Billion.
    What about those of us with no auto loans but have student loans?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Gotta reward all of the willingly indoctrinated somehow.

No worries folks at this point we won’t be paying for it, nor will our children’s children’s children. Just keep on passing that buck, I’m sure it’ll work out fine in the long run.
    "The political class looted the future to bribe the present, confident that tomorrow could be endlessly postponed. Hey, why not?" – Mark Steyn, 2011

"But Americans prefer to see themselves as doers rather than victims. They do not see themselves, as the masses in the Progressive era a century ago may have done, as helpless victims of large corporations and financial interests.

They want public policies that enable them to earn success, and they resent policies that channel money to the politically well-positioned or to those who have not made decisions and taken actions necessary for earned success. They want to be empowered, not patronized."
    - Michael Barone, 2011

Top Bottom