• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So we've all heard the scary statistic that 44% (or whatever %) of marriages end in divorce. Yes, that is sort of a shock. But it begs the question...

If 44 % end in divorce, then 56% end in DEATH!

Follow me for more tidbits...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So we've all heard the scary statistic that 44% (or whatever %) of marriages end in divorce. Yes, that is sort of a shock. But it begs the question...

If 44 % end in divorce, then 56% end in DEATH!

Follow me for more tidbits...
    What that statistic never recognizes is that every marriage is counted equally, they are not. I know several, I call them; five time losers, yep, divorced FIVE TIMES. The point being the lifetime marriages only count in the stats once, the serial divorce people run up the toll…

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I've been married to my favorite person on the planet for 28 years. It will be 29 this January. Only a few months after we met we had a wedding date. When you know, you know.
    I've been hitched for 44 years to the same one. Went out with her on a bet and asked her to marry me 1 month later and she said yes. I won and she lost! I guess she wasn't as smart as I thought she was but she is smarter than me!

Yes she is watching me type this!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What that statistic never recognizes is that every marriage is counted equally, they are not. I know several, I call them; five time losers, yep, divorced FIVE TIMES. The point being the lifetime marriages only count in the stats once, the serial divorce people run up the toll…
    Its a joke, IM. A Joke. :)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Guess I am ok with my marriage ending in death.
    Will be 23 years Next week. We married young with the constant hum of your too young , your throwing your life away, it will never last.
    Same, at 19 yo, will be 36 years next spring.

But I heard a guy say once “been married 35 summers and no tellin’ how many winters”. The womenfolk love it when you use this line.
    Another good one is to introduce her as your first wife (she has to be your only wife for this to work), trust me they love it.

You know, thinking about it, she must be an angel or something.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    We got married right out of high school, 54 years ago.
    I figured with my less than handsome looks that I better snag the first good looking girl that gave me a second glance.

You know why married men die first?
    Because they want to.

Top Bottom