• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The NRA and GOA could and probably should make the same argument.

If they did, they likely would be fighting for LE rights as well as the rights of all the rest of us.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The NRA has so much more political clout than the FOP or ANY law enforcement organization. However, I am of the opinion that the NFL should be free to make their own rules whether I like them or not. Most cities have given the NFL complete control of their stadiums during NFL events (by contract) so "their house, their rules."

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The courts may be more sympathetic, at least initially, to the notion of off-duty police carrying in an NFL stadium than non-LEOs. But if the the MPPOA wins the lawsuit, then that might just create some momentum to expand such a ruling to include non-LEOs. I hope they win, it would be a step in the right direction and would be an springboard for similar lawsuits in other states.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    They always claim they are always on duty, but we like to get home to our families too. They usually claim "they have training", yet they don't really get that much training, and probably only re certify annually under classroom conditions. I shot a competition once where a couple of the local officers competed with their service weapons. The officers came in dead last. Even the wives who do not normally shoot decided to give it a go that day and beat them. That was the day I decided I would not trust my safety to a person of unknown talent. My safety is my responsibility. The officers should do like everyone else, ignore the sign, which I'm sure they do anyway.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The article says the claim is it violates state law. I'm not familiar with MN state law, nor do I intend to become familiar with it, but if that's true than that's the difference. I don't know that you can sue a private entity just because you don't like their rules, but I am sure you can sue them for not following the law.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The NRA has so much more political clout than the FOP or ANY law enforcement organization. However, I am of the opinion that the NFL should be free to make their own rules whether I like them or not. Most cities have given the NFL complete control of their stadiums during NFL events (by contract) so "their house, their rules."

If the stadium was in any way funded with taxpayer money, the taxpayers should have a say about how it is operated. If the team/NFL paid for the entire thing (:rofl:), then the NFL can make all the rules.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    They always claim they are always on duty, but we like to get home to our families too. They usually claim "they have training", yet they don't really get that much training, and probably only re certify annually under classroom conditions. I shot a competition once where a couple of the local officers competed with their service weapons. The officers came in dead last. Even the wives who do not normally shoot decided to give it a go that day and beat them. That was the day I decided I would not trust my safety to a person of unknown talent. My safety is my responsibility. The officers should do like everyone else, ignore the sign, which I'm sure they do anyway.

Which competition?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If the stadium was in any way funded with taxpayer money, the taxpayers should have a say about how it is operated. If the team/NFL paid for the entire thing (:rofl:), then the NFL can make all the rules.
    Oh I agree but sadly that is not how it is nor will it likely change in the future. Just basing my view on how it is set up currently.;)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The courts may be more sympathetic, at least initially, to the notion of off-duty police carrying in an NFL stadium than non-LEOs. But if the the MPPOA wins the lawsuit, then that might just create some momentum to expand such a ruling to include non-LEOs. I hope they win, it would be a step in the right direction and would be an springboard for similar lawsuits in other states.

Like that would happen, when did LEOSA come into being, 2004? Have any LE groups started bothering congress that it needs to be expanded to everyone? Not that I know of, same thing would happen here, as soon as they get the NFL to relent it's game over.

Top Bottom