• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    Is it fair for the community to continue paying for a cop that is not serving them? If a civilian is working he is actually being productive. Cops are civilians they are not military.
    A cop doesn't get a tax payer funded vacation, he gets to continue to draw a salary since, in many cases, their only income is the job. Is it fair for a cop to go bankrupt or for his family not to have any income while they wait for the investigation to be over? I see the optics of this and how it is perceived but put yourself in their shoes, how do they feed their families while they wait? Civilians can keep working while they wait.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A cop doesn't get a tax payer funded vacation, he gets to continue to draw a salary since, in many cases, their only income is the job.

Also you can't work part time while you're pending investigation. It took me 5 weeks to get back to work and my situation was extremely clear cut that it was a good shoot.

I suspect because of the Bisard incident, we don't go back to work as quick as we used to. While I don't know for sure, there was a lot of speculation that he was suffering from PTSD from a shooting in a wooded area with some robbers which contributed to his drinking. Right or wrong, the department is slower to clear you back to duty now. You have to pass one pysch eval, then go through IA, then pass a second psych eval from a different provider.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what I'm being investigated for. What I know for sure is that I won't be getting paid to sit at home and do nothing.

Then the alternative is to continue them working while they are under investigation (since they are not proven guilty yet).
    I can think of a few problems with that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Same thing as other people that want money for nothing, start a go fund me account.

It is in public interest to remove officers that have accused of potential serious wrongdoing. Until the matter is settled, they are entitled to pay as if they were working.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    Is it fair for the community to continue paying for a cop that is not serving them?

Yes, yes it is. Its all part of the package you pay for. I mean do you have a problem paying firefighter's salaries when they aren't fighting fires? They sit around on those comfy couches all day waiting to get called out. Not sure my tax dollars should go to that. I say pay them when they are working!:cool:

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    Ok then make them sit at the police station all day and not at home. If your house catches on fire do you want the firemen to come from all over the city or do you want them at the fire station ready to go in an instant?

Yes, yes it is. Its all part of the package you pay for. I mean do you have a problem paying firefighter's salaries when they aren't fighting fires? They sit around on those comfy couches all day waiting to get called out. Not sure my tax dollars should go to that. I say pay them when they are working!:cool:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If a policeman being investigated is at the station, then EVERYTHING that happens at, or goes through the police station will then become fodder for any lawyer working on a case.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If a policeman being investigated is at the station, then EVERYTHING that happens at, or goes through the police station will then become fodder for any lawyer working on a case.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Brickman I think you are being a bit absurd about this situation. Right or wrong there is a process. That process is followed to the letter so the law can be as well.
    You are discussing this with a few LEO and a few lawyers. They are part of the process. They know and understand it.
    Me thinks there are deeper issues here but that is for another thread.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    I didn't realize I was discussing with lawyers. Yuck, I'm done now.

QUOTE=churchmouse;7170080]This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Brickman I think you are being a bit absurd about this situation. Right or wrong there is a process. That process is followed to the letter so the law can be as well.
    You are discussing this with a few LEO and a few lawyers. They are part of the process. They know and understand it.
    Me thinks there are deeper issues here but that is for another thread.[/QUOTE]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

[/QUOTE]

Well, there have been lawyers in this thread from the start and at least 3 LEO's all of which I know personally. I know them to be good men and people I want on the streets of my City.
    No knock towards you as we all have an opinion about these things. I just wanted you to know who you were discussing this with. They are part of this process.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

[/QUOTE]

If you dont like cops and lawyers, sir then maybe this isnt the forum for you.

Unfortunately they are all over the place here, and you cant avoid them. So if you dont like them and cant stand being around them, there's the door.

66b1fdda56a6bf5cac2992db15a1748a.jpg

Top Bottom