Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Not sure I buy any of that, and here's why:

#1 - Daily Mail

#2 - See #1

#3 - Shot through a "partially open" window, from the passenger seat, and struck her in the abdomen. Presuming the car was a CVPI or Charger, I don't believe the geometry of that story would work.

#4 - No department training that I've ever heard of trains to shoot at "hysterical" people.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Is it fair for the community to continue paying for a cop that is not serving them? If a civilian is working he is actually being productive. Cops are civilians they are not military.

I've worked for one government agency or another for most of my life, including law enforcement and corrections. I've often wondered how much people like you have personally contributed to my salary while I take a nice, relaxing restroom break while on duty. Must be in the thousands of dollars over the course of many years, as although I absolutely love Mexican food, it doesn't always quite agree with me.

I don't work in LE anymore, but I do still work for a government agency. I just wanted to let you know that I will think fondly of you the next time I answer Mother Nature's call at work.

:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The old "I was in fear of my life" defense.

Bullpucky.

If that story is accurate, I'll be interested to see if he's convicted, if charged. IMO (again if the story is true) this was a bad shoot.... but given other bad shoots (IMO) without consequences, I'm wondering how Noor gets convicted, or even charged.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do you get fired from your job if you are pending investigation?

I can be fired and/or disciplined without notice and without much defense. It's never happened to me but it has to other co-workers (disciplined) and it was time off without pay. No investigation other than "did s/he do it? Fine. Go home for X days".

But then again, I'm not a member of a union.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can be fired and/or disciplined without notice and without much defense. It's never happened to me but it has to other co-workers (disciplined) and it was time off without pay. No investigation other than "did s/he do it? Fine. Go home for X days".

But then again, I'm not a member of a union.

Maybe you should be.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So the cop shoots this lady and gets put on paid leave. How is this equal to what would happen to a person who isn't a cop if they shot this lady?

I don't think any of that. What I do know is that a civilian that is not a cop doesn't get a tax payer funded vacation.

Is it fair for the community to continue paying for a cop that is not serving them? If a civilian is working he is actually being productive. Cops are civilians they are not military.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what I'm being investigated for. What I know for sure is that I won't be getting paid to sit at home and do nothing.

I didn't realize I was discussing with lawyers. Yuck, I'm done now.

Thank God. Now I don't feel compelled to respond to all this.

The "fear for my life" thing is going to be tricky since it appears that the OTHER OFFICER RIGHT NEXT TO HIM was not. Reasonableness and all.

I keep coming back to the collective lack of experience in that car....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thank God. Now I don't feel compelled to respond to all this.

The "fear for my life" thing is going to be tricky since it appears that the OTHER OFFICER RIGHT NEXT TO HIM was not. Reasonableness and all.

I keep coming back to the collective lack of experience in that car....
    Maybe the firecrackers were closer to the shooter's side of the car.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Unless those fireworks were going off under the window of the car, how do you mistake that for gunfire? Or does he just shoot when he's scared? Sounds like he should have kept his bullet in his pocket.
    What about the sexual assault, did that just vanish?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ok then make them sit at the police station all day and not at home. If your house catches on fire do you want the firemen to come from all over the city or do you want them at the fire station ready to go in an instant?
    They usually do. They have them do non-police related jobs, wiring new cars at the garage, taking reports over the phone, etc.

Top Bottom