• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Now before you get out the torches and pitchforks, hear me out…

My wife is into minimalism, and when she first got big into it, I told her I supported it but that it would never apply to the gun collection. Ever.

Yet over time, I’ve come to the belief that it truly is better to have a few really quality guns that one knows inside and out, than to have a large “collection.” If this was the car world, I’m trying to be more of a race car driver than a car collector.

So I have a few more in the classifieds, and a couple dream guns I’m hoping to make into reality.

How about you guys? Never sell guns? Fewer is better? Anything less than 100 is critically short?

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I’m trying to do that with all the stuff in my pole barn, but most of it isn’t the quality of a collector or race car! :lmfao:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    have ALWAYS gotten A case of sellers remorse
    when i sell . Yes it is good to collect AS NEW guns but it is expensive . You would probably afford 2-4 shooting grade for a as new older one
    It is your choice as to what you want

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I’m a typical scatterbrain and enjoy the freedom of “Oooo….something shiny” and digging into it. My main passion is the wide array/configuration of Japanese rifles and the devolution through WW2. Between arsenals, different type rifles and changes…there’s about 60-70 different series/configurations. But I also like other milsurp as well, I learn so much history when I pickup a Peruvian Mauser, M1 carbine, Czeck VZ52, Nagant pistol or Swedish M38 and research it. I enjoy reloading as close to milspec as I can and shooting them as designed.

But…to each their own. I can definitely see the allure of knowing every quark of a rifle, sight picture, accessories, etc…plus you can’t knock having the best of best.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm a shooter, not a collector, so I don't have nearly as many guns as some others. I'm into double digits, but still in the realm where just about every gun I own has a role, even if that role is as a duplicate or backup gun.

I have a couple that aren't really in the regular rotation, and I often think about letting them go to fund something else like ammo or an accessory for one I shoot more often. But none of the ones I'd be willing to let go of are anything special, so I'm holding onto them for now. But I don't buy guns to just sit in the safe.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've pretty much gotten everything in my collection down to one of each. The only exception would be ARs. I should probably pare those down a little.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've started selling refinished guns where I have original finish versions. Hasn't stopped me from buying though, even with prices going up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In handguns I have eclectic taste and subscribe to the view that 'two is one and one is none'

Only things I have sold were the few striker fired guns I ever had (a couple of first gen M&Ps) just don't like striker fired weapons

I shoot everything, including my Mausers

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I cut out some odd calibers when ammo price went up if that counts? Not even really odd calibers, just some that i dont have at least 2 guns running on it.
    Oddly enough, some of my odd calibers were more available than some of the more common ones with the craziness. (7.62x25, 9mm Mak, 32 acp for example).

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I too have sold guns in my younger leaner days. Some are painfully regrettable due to Who Where When they came But bills had to be paid.
    I don't and won't sell anymore. Even if I think I'm not using it much. So unless financial issues arise I'm keeping them all.

Top Bottom