• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    LaVoy Finicum was an honorable patriot. It's too bad he didn't pull triggers, he ended up dying anyway... Let that be a lesson to us all. Whether Waco or Oregon, once you defy the .gov you're now in a war. All your peaceful resolution, nonviolent philosophy is garbage. They're going to kill you, plain and simple...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LaVoy Finicum was an honorable patriot. It's too bad he didn't pull triggers, he ended up dying anyway... Let that be a lesson to us all. Whether Waco or Oregon, once you defy the .gov you're now in a war. All your peaceful resolution, nonviolent philosophy is garbage. They're going to kill you, plain and simple...

Lavoy Finicum was a fool. Well, whatevs. You've got your 50.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree, he was foolish to think the .gov would go for a peaceful resolution. Instead, they murdered him in cold blood. Let that be a lesson for anyone trying to play "patriot." Once it's escalated, .gov will give no quarter.

I saw the video too. Certainly the Feds could have avoided having to shoot anyone, but in the end, it looked to me like suicide by cop. Was not "cold blood".

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Yeah well, as I've noticed, your perceptions are a bit off. Suicide by cop would be pointing a gun at police or threatening them. Hardly the same as holding your hands up surrendering.

Side note, did you see the video where the officers lit up the vehicle with gunfire? Let me guess, they asked for it, right?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah well, as I've noticed, your perceptions are a bit off. Suicide by cop would be pointing a gun at police or threatening them. Hardly the same as holding your hands up surrendering.

Side note, did you see the video where the officers lit up the vehicle with gunfire? Let me guess, they asked for it, right?

I did see that. As I said, there were things the Feds could have done to avoid that outcome, and I'm fairly confident in suspecting they didn't want to avoid that outcome. But Finicum could be breathing now if he had handled things differently. Reaching for your side while LEO has guns drawn will get you dead. He had said he'd rather die than be taken to jail. He chose the actions he chose.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Police had guns trained on LaVoy. He was told to get on the ground. What did he do? He tried to draw on them. That's called suicide by cop. (Unless you're telling me the end of the movie "Falling Down" wasn't suicide by cop.)

They didn't light the car up with gun fire, they shot it with pepper balls and threw concussion grenades at it, like they use in riots.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The video from the inside shows bullets came in before he got out.you have to slow it down and you can see the holes show up above the Back door on the drivers side.

We can armchair quarterback this to death but the man is dead because he defied agents of the government. Take what lessons you will from it.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    That man set the tone for the actions that followed. Sure the federal government acted aggressively, and I agree he didn't have to die. but If I was a fed and this guy was acting like an asshat I would probably take an above average posture when it comes to my aggression. if he reached for his back pocket after being told not to well I would say he made up his mind at that moment. whether he had some grandiose plan of martyrdom or it was a simple mistake. he facilitated a response. Now whether that response was over the top or not is up to the courts. I would say however that stun and pepper rounds are a much nicer alternative at containment that would could have been used like force. As far as the feds knew there could have been weapons in the car and even more people ready to fall on their own sword.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One thing I've learned from this thread is that: "comply with law enforcement or you risk dying" only applies to urban youths, not rural middle-aged whity. Those guys don't have to listen to no feds.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    One thing I've learned from this thread is that: "comply with law enforcement or you risk dying" only applies to urban youths, not rural middle-aged whity. Those guys don't have to listen to no feds.

Which part are you referring to? I'm hearing the question was whether or not Finnicum was shot at before he reached toward his pocket. I don't think anyone here condones execution of urban youths that aren't a threat to police officers.

I don't have an opinion on Finicum's shooting btw. People who have watched the video in slow-mo detail apparently disagree, so there's no way I'm going to know either.

I will say that while I disagree with the tactic this group used, I don't think they were a threat to any other individuals which is not true of a street thug that has already robbed, carjacked, etc.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Too bad Oregon didn't put this on Pay-Per-View. They could have made millions, enough to compensate the folks in the town and repaid the damage done by Y'all Queda...

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm going to keep an eye on how this adverse possession against the federal government goes. That a new and novel concept that has never been addressed in statutory or common law.

There are a lot of folks tried/charged with conspiracy in Federal court cases. Usually it involved drugs sometimes not. Nothing really new. Usually the conspiracy charges are overlooked as the media usually reports the more serious sounding charges.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Too bad Oregon didn't put this on Pay-Per-View. They could have made millions, enough to compensate the folks in the town and repaid the damage done by Y'all Queda...

That's pretty callous. There should be nothing entertaining about people in life or death situations.

Top Bottom