• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    A 5yo is taken hostage, the military and FBI are involved, and a SuperBowl chat room is "breaking news"? AYFKM?

ZixofQA.jpg

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Deadman switch on anything would invalidate any argument being promulgated.

Any gas would knock out the kid long before the man due to smaller body surface area and smaller lungs. He would have the upper hand for just long enough to make it a moot point. Best we can hope for right now is that they use some heavy psyops and force the scumbag to kill himself only without harming the boy. I hope this is possible. Praying for the boy and his family.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I have little hope for the situation anymore. Wonder if it would be plausible to pump in some sort of knock out gas through the vent they use to communicate with the kidnapper? Better than nothing.

The amount of gas to knock out a man would most likely kill the boy.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    The russians did something like that and it worked and didn't work.

They used a gas on a theater and knocked everyone out and defused some bombs......but when they evacuated everyone, the moved them out to the sidewalk to get fresh air, but killed most of them by compromising their airways on the evac.

I hope this turns out well, but, I can't think of an easy fix.
    Maybe snake a camera in through the vent and see what you have.
    A dozer is not exactly a surprise entry tool, maybe a diversion

The Russians pumped in a BUNCH of Fentanyl, which will cause respiratory depression without artificial respiration. The rough post-op handling of the unconscious as well as not providing artificial RESPIRATORS in Beslan definitely killed those people. The boy would almost certainly pass out first... unless they gave him something like Naloxone to counteract the narcotics. Which might buy enough time to get him out of there and start immediate respiration. Particularly if the reports that he's letting the boy take his medication are true. Inoculate the child to ward against overdose and immediately pump down as much as they can carry and then immediately storm it is a possibility, but if he's got a deadman switch rigged to anything explosive, it'd be bad news bears for everyone in the vicinity and a failed mission.

I pray to God in the name of Jesus of Nazareth, His only Begotten Son, that they save this child.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    That is true, we don't know what is happening to the kid. I know they can communicate through a PVC pipe going into the bunker. There have been reports of the child crying for his parents!

I wonder how advanced the imaging tech is (infra -red)?

Any child that age is going to cry for his parents....

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Scam-photo:

Army bull-dozers are NOT yellow. "Flushing THEM" out, well, actually it is TWO hims; the child is first priority; enough "gas to knock out the 'napper" would kill the kid first. IMO. I'll let YOU deliver that hornet's nest!
    If I was in charge, I would try flushing them out with angry hornets.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Who wants to bet that afterwards the media labels him an "extremist prepper"? He built the bunker supposedly to protect against storms, plus he has to have significant amounts of supplies down there.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Who wants to bet that afterwards the media labels him an "extremist prepper"? He built the bunker supposedly to protect against storms, plus he has to have significant amounts of supplies down there.

They already have. I heard the term 3 days ago.

It bites - I know. :xmad:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I dont understand why LE always sends in the cavalry in these situations, when that only seems to agitate the perp and steel his resolve. If they knew he was in the bunker, why not just sneak a couple sharpshooters around the place without him knowing, and when he comes out after thinking nobody bothered to come looking for him, pop him in the melon. Game over.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I don't see a problem talking to the guy for three (3) monthes if we have to.:dunno:

This is an event over which LE has no real control. If that man wants to harm a the child he can with impunity. We have to acknowledge events over which we have no ability to control the situation. Thus, force becomes irrelevant.

The only way that boy can get out of this alive is if that hostage taker lets him. Therefore, we acknowledge this reality and dig in for the long haul.

I hate this damn foolish notion of "drive thru" law enforcement! Patience and time are the best bet. A negotiator can use a lot of wiggle room to give the guy some small thing that may convince him to come out peacefully. Example: Maybe the guys property is very important to him. So the negotiation could go something like this, "Look, we cannot drop the charges against you. We all know that. The boys parents have agreed that in any liability suit they won't come after your property, and the prosecuting attorney has agreed to let you sell the property to whoever you want to. So come on out with the boy and you both get to live and your property goes to your nephew."

I have no clue if the above example would work. Maybe something else is important to him. Maybe not. But there is no harm in trying.

All that said, if you can get some British sappers in and quietly tunnel in that could work too. It would also take a LOT of time, but this guy isn't going anywhere.

I just don't want to see death by impatience.

Regards,

Doug

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    What is missing... this guy has a history which clearly shows a mental disturbance including firing a gun at neighbors, killing neighbors dog, running around his property at night with a gun and he was scheduled for a court hearing on the shooting at neighbor incident. The court day is the day he killed the bus driver and kidnapped the boy.

So the system and the neighbors knew he had a problem......... yet no one saw it. Obviously LEOs were involved with the shooting incident as they had to issue the summons......

Something failed somewhere!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And we wait -
    Meanwhile he's playing "Romper Room" with a 6 year old.

As a parent, I honestly don't know how long I'd last. They'd probably have to handcuff me to something really big. (like my X) :n00b:

Having an armed bus driver could have ended this incident right quick. But we all know how the media and administration is [STRIKE]going to spin[/STRIKE] already spinning this.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Think about why there would be two dozers...

One on each side, and insert buckets under buried side lift attachments perhaps? But what good is raising the unit, unless they can get inside? I'm sure they've consulted with the bunker manufacturer and have a plan.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Military equipment/personnel...........I thought that was only legal against civis in the "War on Drugs".

Just say he had a meth lab, burn the people to death and then scrape the crime scene while it's still smoldering.

Top Bottom