• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Seems like they may get the young hostage killed if they attempt to scrape off the top of the bunker.

Two_US_Army_Caterpillar_D9_bulldozers_s640x425.JPEG

Alabama hostage crisis: Military trucks reportedly bring bulldozers | Washington Times Communities

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I have little hope for the situation anymore. Wonder if it would be plausible to pump in some sort of knock out gas through the vent they use to communicate with the kidnapper? Better than nothing.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    While not in as a dramatic fashion as, say, Russia, America doesn't have the best record of ending hostage situations on US soil.

The government starts getting pissed someone is defying them and usually decides it's best to kill everyone, as opposed to allowing the defiance to continue.

I really feel for that young child and his parents. WTH is going on inside that bunker. I hope they have some idea.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Bulldozers?
    Might as well drop a bunker buster on them.

Gas through the vent was my thought too as soon as I heard he went underground. And if he has his hand on a detonator, digging won't prevent ignition.

Unless they do both - and gas first. :dunno:

Prayers sent for sure.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    It just makes you wonder all hoopla of saving the children...... how long a wait is one child worth? Kinda of reminds me of a tiny Waco!

I don't know of any way to safely flush this man out without harming the kid, but as time goes on, it just may be murder/suicide situation. He has already killed once! Hopefully this man can bond with the kid and spare him.....

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There will be no shortage of accusations regardless of the outcome. I would not want to be responsible for that scene. I sincerely hope it goes well and the child is unharmed. I also hope the media sensationalism doesn't create copycat criminals.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It just makes you wonder all hoopla of saving the children...... how long a wait is one child worth? Kinda of reminds me of a tiny Waco!

I think all of it should be predicated on what is happening to the child inside that bunker.

If the kid is just being forced to sit there and play nintendo DS all day, waiting it out is probably the best option.

If there is abuse occurring, more immediate options need to be strongly considered.

The big question is, do they know what is actually going on in the 'bunker'?

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    I think all of it should be predicated on what is happening to the child inside that bunker.

If the kid is just being forced to sit there and play nintendo DS all day, waiting it out is probably the best option.

If there is abuse occurring, more immediate options need to be strongly considered.

The big question is, do they know what is actually going on in the 'bunker'?

That is true, we don't know what is happening to the kid. I know they can communicate through a PVC pipe going into the bunker. There have been reports of the child crying for his parents!

I wonder how advanced the imaging tech is (infra -red)?

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    The russians did something like that and it worked and didn't work.

They used a gas on a theater and knocked everyone out and defused some bombs......but when they evacuated everyone, the moved them out to the sidewalk to get fresh air, but killed most of them by compromising their airways on the evac.

I hope this turns out well, but, I can't think of an easy fix.
    Maybe snake a camera in through the vent and see what you have.
    A dozer is not exactly a surprise entry tool, maybe a diversion

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    +2 My wife and I have discussed this from the start. Do they not have some sort of knock out gas which is odorless?

the problem is venting/pressure and not being able to see inside ....they still need to breech ....they don't Know how much of bunker is set up as a kill trap to kill all in side and those who try to enter. All that matters is the childs safety they do know he has tv and radio etc. The best is to trick him out by false news casting , radio etc.. and let the snipers do there job...... secondary breeching would be bad....again they know he has food water etc. psychological operations on the subject is the best call for now:twocents:

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    If there is a ventilation tube/shaft to communicate with, there has been a camera in it. I would bet they know his sleep cycle and and any other routines he may have acquired in his confined space. My bet is the food/supplies. How he is getting it is the question, I would bet that if/when the wacko pokes his head out to get something from the government for free it will cost him dearly (as it should)

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I doubt any attempt by force would work so I wonder what the whacko would do if everyone just left and didn't play into his bunker suicide by cop (or bulldozer). Don't give him an attention and just pack up and leave...maybe have someone he knows stop by for a visit and pick up the boy. Then pick him up when he doesn't expect it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, the photo in the article shows bulldozers in Iraq in 2006.

File:Two US Army Caterpillar D9 bulldozers.JPEG - Wikimedia Commons

I was a combat engineer. There's a lot better and faster ways into a bunker than with a bulldozer. Maybe that's the plan, maybe it isn't, but I don't know how much credit to give "social journalism from independent sources" quoting an unknown "credible source".

We'll see, I guess.

Top Bottom