• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Anyone have one of these? Are they all they are made up to be? Are they even legal to own in IN? I don't think they are but I am not certain.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Microtech's are very, very nice. I had an auto MT Amphibian - not so much of an OTF guy myself. Their QC has been kinda dicey the last 4-5 years. Not legal in IN.

MT Amphibian

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I would love to have a halo, have played with some and they are nice and smooth. but for as much as I like it I like my socom elite better.:wwub:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    According to the site there are 3 dealers here in Indiana... My Kershaw is automatic and you can buy them at Wallmart. There must be a loophole...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Gotta be LE or enlisted to play with autos in Indiana.

FYI, there is NO provision in the Indiana Code that exempts Law Enforcement and/or Military personnel from owning/having in possession an automatically opening knife.

It any cop wanted to press the issue, it could be pressed...and successfully.

Assisted opening = good to go

Automatic opening = verboten

-J-

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    -J-

You are quite correct.MGE worked very hard and spent lots of $ trying to get the law repealed last year in the General Assembly.There was rumor it passed but I haven't gotten an update from the Indiana Criminal Code as that they are legal to own.It's a stupid law as I can open my 'waved' Emerson faster than an auto can deploy.Pretty archaic law if you ask me...:twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    -J-

You are quite correct.MGE worked very hard and spent lots of $ trying to get the law repealed last year in the General Assembly.There was rumor it passed but I haven't gotten an update from the Indiana Criminal Code as that they are legal to own.It's a stupid law as I can open my 'waved' Emerson faster than an auto can deploy.Pretty archaic law if you ask me...:twocents:

Yep. You'll not hear me argue the stupidity of that law.

I, as a LTCH holder, can walk around with as many pistols as I can fit...

Don't even need a LTCH to walk down the street with my 870 slung over my shoulder (even locked and loaded).

But my own government doesn't trust me with an "automatically" opening knife. Or "throwing star".

Assinine.

-J-

Top Bottom