• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Unfortunately it's not a rumor. I know of at least 10 stores with the sign, and it's probably all (or nearly all) of them. This happened just over the past two weeks.

I already emailed corporate, and will call them as well. They need to know they will lose business if they keep up with this foolishness and hatred of freedom.

View attachment 183901

All this tells me is that they only carry long guns. :):)

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Unfortunately it's not a rumor. I know of at least 10 stores with the sign, and it's probably all (or nearly all) of them. This happened just over the past two weeks.

I already emailed corporate, and will call them as well. They need to know they will lose business if they keep up with this foolishness and hatred of freedom.

View attachment 183901
    Good thing I carry a revolver!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The GFZ signs have been up for months. You just couldn’t see them because they had a Mask Required sign over them. Now that we’re free from the mask they want to take another freedom away.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Haven't seen the signs at my local Meijer but then again I'm not looking either.

I OC there pretty much every weekend and will continue to do so till I'm asked to leave. Then they will lose me as a customer.

Not to many options out there for shopping anymore that aren't anti gun.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I used to purchase 9mm Geco 124 grain ammo from our meijer store. It was the only place to find it and it was very low cost. I'm talking the good stuff with sealer on the primers pushing 1250 fps. The last time I got it... 6 bucks for a 50 rd box.

Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Maybe that sign means they support the glock blue label program? That's how I'm going to interpret it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1645753223970.jpg
      FB_IMG_1645753223970.jpg
      7 KB · Views: 11

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I regularly shop at the Meijers on Rt 30 in Merrillville, the last two times there they had trailers with blue flashing lights on top of a pole in the parking lot. Last trip there I asked and was told that they are cameras covering the parking lot in response to flash mobs which have hit that store more than once. I did not see any anti signs there but also was not looking. FWIW I have found and purchased ammo there several times since the covoid shortages hit.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I carry concealed when shopping at one every time I go.
    Nobody knows but me. I am disappointed though that they have taken this woke stance.
    Ole Fred must be rolling over in his grave.
    Are these signs just a suggestion? Or can they press charges if they find out?
    I also shop here and conceal carry everytime.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    ANY business that is openly anti-gun should be told that they`re losing business due to their policy. It`s pointless to simply ignore the signs and carry concealed. They need to know that they`re losing business, and exactly why.
    100%

Just got their BS Response:
    Meijer clueless corporate flunky said:
    I apologize for your recent experience regarding your concern. Providing a positive customer experience is a priority at Meijer and I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your concern. If we plan to succeed in the future, we depend on our customers to provide us with

The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority, so we respectfully request that our customers do not open carry firearms at Meijer. We've made this decision because open carry can create an environment that makes our customers and team members feel unsafe.

February 2022 Meijer released the following statement to the press & added signs to all our Meijer location entry doors. Note - This is not a new policy for Meijer:

Signs were added to our front doors to better convey our corporate policy which asks customers to not carry firearms in our stores. While we respect the protected rights of all our customers and team members, we want to ensure a shopping environment that is safe and welcoming for everyone.
    :lol2: :wallbash:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    How about just not shopping there?
    What if your only options are Meijer, Walmart or Kroger. What are you supposed to do? They all have anti gun stances. It's getting to the point you will have nowhere to shop that doesn't go against something you/me/we believe in.

I say OC and give their signs the middle finger. Chances are extremely high they're not going to do a damn thing about it. And on the slight chance they ask you to leave, leave, and never go back. I open carry at Costco, Wal-Mart, and Meijer on 90% of occasions I go there and have never been asked to leave or even really been given a second look.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This is the wife main store for grocery shopping.

Havent seen these signs yet here in town, not like I would turn around and leave the Walther in the truck anyway.

Seems odd coming from a place I would find good deals on 223 at just a couple years ago.

Top Bottom