• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    Hey all, idk what the deal is lately but I've been to a couple of Kroger that has Tyson chicken on a pretty good sale.

Last week was buy one get two free on wings and legs. This week I found boneless skinless breasts and boneless skinless thighs for like $1.99 lb. I personally have $150 in savings from just that the last week. Loaded the freezer and I plan to can up some of the breast I just bought this morning.

Shelbyville and Batesville are the stores I hit up, not sure about the ones in your area.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Bought 22.5 lbs of Wrights bacon at Kroger this morning. It’s on sale for $6.99 per 1.5 pound package. It’s limit 5 per kroger card, but we used both of our cards, and my daughters card. There is also a $2 off coupon that we applied to one of the five packs per card, so 3 of the 15 packs were only $4.99

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I ordered a whole hog

Martin's Custom Butchering

June 16 at 10:56 AM ·

1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png
    1f416.png

SALE ON HOGS
    PROCESSED HOW YOU WANT IT
    SMOKING INCLUDED !!
    $2.29 LB x carcass weight
    Ave 220#
    Whole or half
    1f416.png

Call shop to order

indiana22native

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2023
    Fishers
    All cattle don’t weigh the same. You can buy a smaller breed and get all the cuts, with smaller joints. (Roasts). Less burger than an Angus/ Hereford cross. Less left overs. Better for empty nesters, DINKS, small family. Plus not raised on corporate farms with chemical overload. Better meat all around.

Look at Dexters, Mini Hereford. Red Polls, Highlands. Great meat, less cost.

Ballstaters dad bought feeders, that means they have been vaxed at least once, maybe twice depending on where, how he bought. They came from a calf producer, vaxed at 4-6 months. If he doesn’t feed them to finish they will sell to a finisher. If he feeds to finish he will have to vax them again at least one more time, possibly two. If he sells, they go through the sale barn again, that is another vax. Or two, depending on where and how again.

Please don’t see this as dumping on Ballstaters dad, just attempting to help folks get a good deal and good beef.

The pink squishy stuff you buy at……..never mind. Good luck to everybody.
    do they butcher it too? Or have a butcher they recommend? I’m seriously considering making the dive into buying a portion. I just need to make sure my freezer is working, would hate to lose.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    do they butcher it too? Or have a butcher they recommend? I’m seriously considering making the dive into buying a portion. I just need to make sure my freezer is working, would hate to lose.
    We buy our beef from a friend in Brownstown, they take the cattle to the processors, and we call them and tell em what cuts we want.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Most cattle men, haul to a USDA slaughterhouse. You pay the farmer his fee, then pay the butcher his fee at pick up. Or pay the farmer the total and he brings it to you. Or any combination of those things. It depends on the deal you make with the farmer/slaughterhouse.

Whatever you do, you will get a better deal than 20.00 $ a lb. steaks. The whole thing costs the same per lb. Burger or T-Bone.

If you like, stop by and pick one up. Bring a trailer and take it where you like. Just point and say, “that one”.

I currently haul to Monon Ind. Monon Meats. Animals are market price of that day. You would have to call MM to ask them their costs.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I heard you had a certain steer you'd like to see gone... ;)
    Man…….we spent all day yesterday going over every ft. of fence on 18 acres of grazing pasture, he stayed in all night. Then wife took dogs out this morning, there that SOB was in the hay field. She brought the dogs in and told me, I went to the barn, that SOB went to the gate and stood there waiting for me to open it so he could walk in. He’s got me trained!!! His time is getting short.

Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We buy our beef from a friend in Brownstown, they take the cattle to the processors, and we call them and tell em what cuts we want.
    This is how I sell. We deliver to processor. I walk you through cut sheet if you are not familiar.

INGO if you don’t buy from me, I will help you with the cut sheet if you need it. Just give nice.

Top Bottom