• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :puke:
    McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months | The Upshot Yahoo! News - Yahoo! News

and here is one that is 12 years old!
    12-Year Old McDonald's Hamburger, Still Looking Good | A Hamburger Today

In both case no mold or decompose. :n00b:

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The next MEET & SHOOT is for 16 OCT 2010 (go sign up!)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nd_shoot_-_sat_16_oct_2010_a.html#post1342678

Appleseed for NWI
    23 OCT 2010 @ NPCCC, Chesterton, IN
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think she ate it...

FatChickPuking.jpg

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    That's funny, i just had McDonald's last night and was thinking about having it again tonight. It's Monopoly season! I hadn't had Mcdonald's in a long time before last night.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Yeah...why does Mountain House have to dehydrate thier food to make it last that long. Maybe they should start learning from Mc Ds about how to properly store hydrated food.

I think it's 2 fold, 1) Crazy sums of chemicals, and 2) No nutritional value, least no more than a tree branch.

Mold and decomp will only happen when there is something worth breaking down. No matter how many times I see the old Mc Ds, I still can't help but be amazed.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yummy. McDonald's sounds good about now. Nice hot order of freshly made french fries. Yummy.

zjdr4i.jpg

Just for nostalgia -- $.15 for a burger.. wow..
    kevhjt.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    OMG... this is pretty old news people. People knew thousands of years ago that if you let food dry out it will last much longer. Come on, jerky, all sorts of dried goods like pasta etc, there is an entire industry around drying out foods and then packaging them to keep them dry so they will last decades. A McDonalds hamburger is no different; you let it sit on the counter and dry out of course it's going to last a long time.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    OMG... this is pretty old news people. People knew thousands of years ago that if you let food dry out it will last much longer.

If you just let dry out on it's own, it typically rots. If you can it, or take special steps to preserve then it will last longer. But I think the McDs food is taking it a bit far. In all fairness, I'd imaging about any fast food place will have similar results. Go buy a real hamburger from say Haralds, or another diner and let it sit for 10 years. I bet it wont look too much like the way it was served to you.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If you just let dry out on it's own, it typically rots. If you can it, or take special steps to preserve then it will last longer. But I think the McDs food is taking it a bit far. In all fairness, I'd imaging about any fast food place will have similar results. Go buy a real hamburger from say Haralds, or another diner and let it sit for 10 years. I bet it wont look too much like the way it was served to you.

I've seen this experiment before where students make a burger out of all fresh ingredients and then set that burger out along with a fast food burger. The home made burger begins to rot within 24 hours but the fast food one keeps looking the same for days.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Just thread jacking a little bit.......
    Another thing to try is put a pat of real butter beside a pat of margarine.
    Set the plate outside and see which one the bugs will flock to.......yep, buttah

Top Bottom