• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Daley is an assclown. He complains about shooting under his gun ban as if the ban is effective?

Mayor Daley prepares for U.S. Supreme Court gun ban ruling - WGN

Mayor Daley prepares for U.S. Supreme Court gun ban ruling
    WGNtv.comWGN News
    June 26, 2010

CHICAGO - The U.S. Supreme Court could overturn Chicago's handgun ban Monday.

Mayor Daley said the city must continue to fight against handguns even if the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down the ban as unconstitutional.

Mayor Daley said Saturday he's ready to act if that happens.

Daley said legislation would immediately be introduced in city council, but he didn't give specifics.

The changes could include gun insurance, a weapons registry , and restrictions that would make it tougher to buy guns.

Daley said the violence last weekend, 54 people shot, at least 10 of those people dead, shows the need for the city's handgun ban to remain in place.

The mayor also said, taking control of the violence starts with residents taking a stand.

"Guns are not the answer. Like in a home or outside a home, to solve all the issues confronting people. If allow it, if you allow guns to overtake us, they will overtake you," Daley said.

The Chicago City Council held a public hearing Wednesday about gun control.

Daley is one of the nation's most vocal gun control advocates.

Copyright © 2010, WGN-TV

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It will be interesting to see Daley's next steps, and what the people of Chicago who have been deprived on their Constitutional right for so long do in response.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    [Daley said the violence last weekend, 54 people shot, at least 10 of those people dead, shows the need for the city's handgun ban to remain in place.]

Thank God for the gun ban-54 people in one weekend is such an impressive number for just a weekend. This should prove that gun bans are effective tools for a safe society.:puke: :wallbash:

Am I reading this wrong? His own words are saying the "BAN" has no effect.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :soapbox:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    [Daley said the violence last weekend, 54 people shot, at least 10 of those people dead, shows the need for the city's handgun ban to remain in place.]

Thank God for the gun ban-54 people in one weekend is such an impressive number for just a weekend. This should prove that gun bans are effective tools for a safe society.:puke: :wallbash:

Or maybe, he is saying that "thanks to the ban, we got rid of 10 more people, and maybe the rest soon as well"? (In other words, it's HELPING to thin out the population) :rolleyes: And without a ban, the people might arm themselves (legally) and "stop" the violence. (Then, he would have no reason to gripe. :D) No platform to "stand" on.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Or maybe, he is saying that "thanks to the ban, we got rid of 10 more people, and maybe the rest soon as well"? (In other words, it's HELPING to thin out the population) :rolleyes: And without a ban, the people might arm themselves (legally) and "stop" the violence. (Then, he would have no reason to gripe. :D) No platform to "stand" on.

I never thought of it that way. If that is the case he is probably excited about the fourth of July weekend being it is a longer weekend this could be his shining hour! What was I thinking.:dunno:

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    [The mayor also said, taking control of the violence starts with residents taking a stand.]

This could mean stand out in the street,maybe with signs or something. and wait to get shot since you have no way to defend yourself!(again population control) Maybe that is his way of thinking? I bet Rev. Jesse Jackson might be there too.

What a thinker he is.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm going to bed early just so it can get here quicker.

Tomorrow should be declared Second Amendment Day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My wife has me on a diet because I am too fat. So far I have gained 10 pounds on the diet. That is proof that I need to stay on this diet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Or maybe the ones getting shot are potentional Daley voters. As we all know the libs don't carry.

Top Bottom