Maybe we just need to play video games???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL that was hilarious, but taking a more serious look at the topic I do believe the Army uses a video game called "America's Army" for recruitment & as an introductory training tool.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is another video game that could be very useful due to it's realistic special entry team tactics.

But even the unrealistic ones can be used as a training aid to teach people how to work together as a team (if everyone is wearing a headset).

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I hate the stereotype that violent video games cause violent behavior. I think poor parenting and the lack of good values causes violent behavior. I have played violent video games (in particular) since the Super Nintendo and I am one of the most non-violent people you could ever meet.

The one thing that angers me the most, and let me emphasize MOST, is when someone goes and hijacks a car or/then kills somebody and says "I saw it on Grand Theft Auto". GTA is one of, if not my favorite games of all time!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    There is an Old West shoot/don't shoot game (called "The Last Bounty Hunter") at the local arcade.

It's one of those where you use a light gun.

I've gotten pretty good at it. Problem is though that the HDD or monitor or both is starting to go, and while it's loading the bad guys start shooting, and I can't do anything for a couple seconds.

Regardless, I think these types of games are good training aids, similar to the ones used by police officers, and whenever I stumble across a halfway realistic one, I pump at least $10 worth of quarters into it.

There's another one sitting around marked "bad hard drive." I've thought about buying the thing and repairing it, but I'm not sure where I'd put it.

I think they had shoot/don't shoot out for the original Nintendo, and some company is making Nintendo clones now. If I can find my old zapper gun I might use one of those.

But if you don't use a light gun, I haven't seen many video games that are very realistic to the average civilian besides the shoot/don't shoot arcade games. America's Army and such are awesome for warfare training, but they teach offensive tactics, not defensive.

Josh <><

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's not video games, it's the time invested and the schedule of rewards in the games. Sit in front of a computer playing "Stawberry Shortcake's Revenge" for 10 hours straight and anyone would be loopy, especially when you were "this close" to getting past that one spot. Everything in moderation, well most things...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I hate the stereotype that violent video games cause violent behavior. I think poor parenting and the lack of good values causes violent behavior. I have played violent video games (in particular) since the Super Nintendo and I am one of the most non-violent people you could ever meet.

The one thing that angers me the most, and let me emphasize MOST, is when someone goes and hijacks a car or/then kills somebody and says "I saw it on Grand Theft Auto". GTA is one of, if not my favorite games of all time!

This should strike the same nerve in all of us - the one that gets mad when people say guns cause crime.

Top Bottom