May need to move to east central area.....suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    So...I was laid off a few days before thanksgiving. It has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I am in my 2nd round of interviews for 2 positions that are both much nicer than what I had before.

One position will allow me to work from home, so no changes are needed.

The other position (the one I really, really want) would require me to move closer to Southern Indiana as the south half of the state would be my territory.

If we move, we will still need moderately easy access to the Wells County area. Both my in-laws and my family live there. My in-laws need help at times and we would like to be less than a 2 hour drive from there.

We don't want to be close to the nuclear zone that is Indy. The cost of living and real estate here in the Adams and Wells counties areas are very reasonable and I was hoping to stay in a similar area.

I was thinking of the Hagerstown / New Castle area. But I know nothing about them. But it looks like it would be a easy drive up to Wells County.

I wish to tap into the INGO brain trust to gain knowledge of good places to live in East Central Indiana.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    While real estate prices are trending up in the east central Indiana area, I think you will find them a bargain compared to most areas. New or recent (25 years) construction has been limited. If you have school aged kids, Hagerstown or Northeastern Wayne are better bets than New Castle. Stay out of Richmond aka Dayton West. Even out here in the sticks, good homes don't last long on the market.
    Logistically, New Castle gives you the quickest routes north to your family and south to your new territory. State Road 3 is a divided highway from NC all the way to Muncie, where you can either jump on I-69 or continue up either 3 or State Road 67. Going South, 40 is an easy connector to State Roads 1, 3 and 9. I don't mention I-70 because it is under perpetual construction and accidents and loooong backups are all-to-regular.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom