• KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    i only drive 3k/ year, just want good traction
    ...oh lets see, snow, ice , rain...
    Maybe you are looking for Winter Tires. As I recall they are a softer compound so may wear more quickly but at 3,000 miles a year that should not be an issue for a few years.

I have been using Bridgestone Blizzak tires on two different vehicles (Honda Civic and Toyota Tacoma). Typically put them on Thanksgiving and take them off after IHSAA basketball tournament (Easter). Grip great in snow and ice, I rarely get them to spin and they break well on snow and ice. I also notice the better grip on wet pavement for the couple weeks after changing my tires, I can spin my summer tires but the Blizzak's grip in the rain.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Looks like maybe I’ll not be getting the mastercraft mt’s? The Nittos that came on the truck are wearing great, but jeez they are almost $500 per tire!
    I wouldn't spend my money on them. I was kind of looking at Mickey Thompsons this last time around, but they would have been wasted on my little pick up. They did look good though.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I wouldn't spend my money on them. I was kind of looking at Mickey Thompsons this last time around, but they would have been wasted on my little pick up. They did look good though.
    Some of those coopers look good but are just as much as the nittos. I guess that’s what I get for upsizing everything :ugh:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Some of those coopers look good but are just as much as the nittos. I guess that’s what I get for upsizing everything :ugh:
    I don't know if it's even the up sizing. When I priced tires the last time MasterCraft we're within a few dollars of BFG. The Coopers had a sale going so that's what I ended up with.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I don't know if it's even the up sizing. When I priced tires the last time MasterCraft we're within a few dollars of BFG. The Coopers had a sale going so that's what I ended up with.
    If that’s the case I’ll just stick with the Nittos, they’ve been good, and I was hoping to get the mastercrafts a little cheaper, between that and your review of them I think I’ll just stick with what’s working.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If that’s the case I’ll just stick with the Nittos, they’ve been good, and I was hoping to get the mastercrafts a little cheaper, between that and your review of them I think I’ll just stick with what’s working.
    I think the BFG were 220ish, the MC were almost 210 and I got the Cooper AT3 for 110 a tire, so they won out.

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pay $500 a tire.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I think the BFG were 220ish, the MC were almost 210 and I got the Cooper AT3 for 110 a tire, so they won out.

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pay $500 a tire.
    The Nittos I have on now $388, the ones I want are $422. Either I’m not remembering right or the prices came down some, I swore the ones I was wanting to switch to were almost $500 maybe I’m just losing it :dunno:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Ive had alot of them and will continue to run then. I had 3 sets of MXTs between my last 2 trucks, wore one set smooth out from new with no complaints. Wore a set of cheap mastercraft car tires out on my old G6 in about 65k miles, they still had a little life left but not enough for winter. These days Im like you and dont put a ton of miles on my vehicles.

Currently i have 2 sets, a half ton truck with Courser CXTs and i have no doubt ill get 50k miles out of them. They’ve taken me through the last 3 winters no problem. Ive been stuck in snow with them but thats been known to happen when i get too much time on my hands.

Ive got the original Courser AXT on the Mrs’ Jeep GC. Theyre about 4 years old with 15kish miles, no dry cracking yet, plenty of tread, and they do very well in everything but mud.

I threw a set of Courser AXT2s on my moms Jeep GC, she racks up miles like crazy and at this rate she will probably see 80k miles out of them. Last time she brought it over for a service they had a little over 22k miles on them and almost no noticeable tread wear. They did great last winter for her.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We went with Westlake AT tires for her truck. I'd used a set for the Tib because they were cheap. The truck tires are pretty good. Friend of mine used the on his F150, towing trailers cross country. Put 65k miles on them before they wore out. Would recommend again.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Just bought a set of Stratus AS for my 2004 Pontiac Sunfire hooptie car. I see these are made in Mexico. They replaced a set of BF Goodrich that I really liked, but couldn't afford replacing them. These seem to be doing ok, but I want to see how they do in the snow.

Top Bottom