Marketwatch - 10 Things Gun Manufacturers Won't Tell You.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    These are the same old statistics that have been used and debunked since the 90's when Bill Clinton signed the assault weapons ban that was supposed to make us all safer. Remember Ms. Feinstein's (I won't call her senator) statement that went something Like "If I could pick them all up, Mr & Mrs America; turn them all in, I would". She and the rest of the gun grabbers will always trot out these statistics. The Mom's used them again last night on the news during coverage of the leave it locked in your trunk when visiting your kids school legislation. I personally think most in this country have wised up to the tactics after hearing the same old rhetoric. JMHO

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :coffee:

:YAWN: Same old drivel, but I didn't expect this much bias from MarketWatch.

I'm really beginning to detest the, "Ten thing you didn't know about X" pieces. They seem so hastily put together and seem to be geared to getting page clicks. (e.g. Ten things about sex and peanut butter) Then most of them are things I already knew. Yes, I know mosquito bites itch, but thanks for making me click through nine other pictures with one paragraph each and eight advertisements to find this pointless bit of dubious information.

:ranton: WELCOME TO TUESDAY RANT DAY!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It does seem to be a standard thing now days to use the 'X things about ...' to get readers attentions. I think it's symptomatic of our short attention society today. A lot of folks don't want to read and learn but instead, just want the bullet points. An honest discussion of issues is far to long for the average reality TV watcher to read through. Give them the info in a couple of minutes and you might hold their attention that long.

Anyone remember Bob Villa? He would do a house restoration in one or two seasons of weekly shows. It was a long process and was a lot of fun to watch on Saturday mornings while having coffee before working on your own house. It gave you ideas on how to tackle some problems you might be looking at like wood rot or lead paint.

Today, a house restoration is accomplished in a week, condensed down to a single hour show. Most of that hour is spent with fake drama to draw folks in to watch what is nothing more than an infomercial of purchased solutions. The same thing goes for car restoration. Gone is Boyd Coddington and in his place is Chip Foose with a 5 day restoration. Sure, there was fake drama with Boyd but at least he took a couple of episodes to fix a car.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the CDC's website:
    "Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including an estimated 42,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure.1 This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.[SUP]1"

From the OP's article:
    "
    [/SUP][SUP]But gun-control advocates argue that guns are just as dangerous to young people as cigarettes are."
    "
    [/SUP][SUP]Firearm-related injuries send an average of 20 children and adolescents to the hospital per day, according to a study published in the journal Pediatrics this year."

I guess only in liberal minds is 20 injuries/day > 1300 deaths/day. Must be that "New Math" I've heard so much about.

[/SUP]

Top Bottom