• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    IACS said all of the dogs, including the deceased dog, appeared to be “pit bull-type dogs.”

They are pitt bulls , they did what pitt bulls do. They are garbage rod dogs and so are their owners.

Seriously at this point I do not understand why they are not immediately put down when they hit shelters.
    My sister's American Pit Bull Terrier lived to almost 19yo. She had to put her down this year because of her health condition she was full of arthritis and was in a lot of pain.
    She was very good with infants, toddlers, teens, and adults.
    My nephew has a 120lb American Pit Bull Terrier he looks mean but is a big baby.
    My son has an American Pit Bull Terrier she also is very good with my granddaughter of 3 months old. She is very protective of her as well as my son and his girlfriend.

American Pit Bull Terrier that attack and maul people are trained to do just that. Any dog that is trained to be mean will be mean.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My sister's American Pit Bull Terrier lived to almost 19yo. She had to put her down this year because of her health condition she was full of arthritis and was in a lot of pain.
    She was very good with infants, toddlers, teens, and adults.
    My nephew has a 120lb American Pit Bull Terrier he looks mean but is a big baby.
    My son has an American Pit Bull Terrier she also is very good with my granddaughter of 3 months old. She is very protective of her as well as my son and his girlfriend.

American Pit Bull Terrier that attack and maul people are trained to do just that. Any dog that is trained to be mean will be mean.
    They were originally bred to be "nanny dogs". To love people and especially children. Remember Petey from the L'il Rascals? Irresponsible breeders and owners have given them their bad reputation.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    They were originally bred to be "nanny dogs". To love people and especially children. Remember Petey from the L'il Rascals? Irresponsible breeders and owners have given them their bad reputation.
    You might want to google "the myth of the nanny dog" before you defend your statement very strongly.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They used to say the same about GSDs. And Dobermans. And Rottweilers. And now it's Pit Bulls. If I were to adopt a bully mix, I would know if it were okay around kids and have a pretty good read on it before I adopted it. They were once thought of as "nanny dogs" (think Petey from the Little Rascals).

Our current dog is a Chow/Huskie mix that we adopted right before Christmas last year. She's good with kids. :)

View attachment 275412
    How is she with squeaky toys?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How is she with squeaky toys?
    She likes squeaky toys. She has only one toy that she hasn't torn up. DoggyMama got her a bunch of toys that she either didn't like, or tore up. Out of those, she was gentle with probably one of the most "fragile" - a little pink pig with a squeaker inside. She did eventually wear a hole in that one.

I took her to Petco and let her show me which one she liked, and we found a little lamb that squeaked, reinforced with Kevlar. That has become her favorite, and she hasn't hurt it at all (other than getting it dirty).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I had a friend when we were much younger, who would walk his pet Cougars/Mountain Lion, or whatever they were thru Plainfield. Man, people would get all stirred up over that back then(late 80's), I can't even imagine what would happen today. My buddies would play with them like they were kittens.....I never enjoyed them much.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This topic always turns into a **** show. Think it should be banned. :n00b: :runaway::nailbite:

I'm not a fan, but my son has 2 daughters under 2 and 2 P/B terrier mixes that are great with the kids. Dogs are individuals, just like people. How they're socialized and treated probably matters a lot more than the fact of their breed/genetics. Psychotic sociopaths exist in humanity. Why not among dogs.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...American Pit Bull Terrier that attack and maul people are trained to do just that. Any dog that is trained to be mean will be mean.
    A friend's teenaged daughter was just badly mauled by their family pet, a pit bull. Been in the hospital for two weeks.

Dog was 7, they raised it from a puppy. Never showed aggressive behavior, never mean. Until it was.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A friend's teenaged daughter was just badly mauled by their family pet, a pit bull. Been in the hospital for two weeks.

Dog was 7, they raised it from a puppy. Never showed aggressive behavior, never mean. Until it was.
    We had a Collie when I was growing up that was always sweet and non-aggressive. Then one day out of the blue she killed a neighbor's dog. Found out she had a tumor and we had her put down. So she too was never mean... until she was.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Will someone please stop and think of the poor pitbull? He was just turning his life around.

:coffee:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We had a Collie when I was growing up that was always sweet and non-aggressive. Then one day out of the blue she killed a neighbor's dog. Found out she had a tumor and we had her put down. So she too was never mean... until she was.
    We had an australian shepherd when I was a kid that was that way.

Top Bottom