Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe it's a gambit: sort of a "you first". If the Govt's going to be making mandates, then they're going to accept mandates first.

- said no one ever.

I've been there, and that's a hard pass. I like having two potatoes and not having the carry a man purse and having my wife wear leopard print.

[emphasis added]

I've noticed that other countries (like Germany) are much, much more willing to accept that "natural immunity" is the equivalence to vaccination than the US does.

. indexg.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe we can save the children from all the abuse now. It breaks my heart what they're doing to the little children. Just visited 2 of the 9 grandchildren and to see these little kids get on and off the bus with a mask was terrible. I did not want to see them get a shot because their parents have no grit!
    Does the OSHA mandate have anything to do with schools though? I'm not sure it does.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Does the OSHA mandate have anything to do with schools though? I'm not sure it does.
    No, that's always been up to the local school districts, I believe. It also doesn't do anything about a lot of companies that have already announced mandates. As of yesterday, I'm persona non grata at Eli Lilly due to being amongst the unclean not having the vaccination, so I can't go there for my company any more. No great loss for me in the grand scheme of things.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This is such bullsh*t !

Deshawn Royal, a Newport News Shipbuilding employee, told WTKR, “They made me get it and then lifted it. … I didn’t want to get it, but they said I had to get it or we were going to get fired. And then they lifted it. Y’all did us wrong.”

Report: Navy Shipbuilding Contractor Suspends Vaccine Mandate After Workers Threaten to Quit​

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is such bullsh*t !

Deshawn Royal, a Newport News Shipbuilding employee, told WTKR, “They made me get it and then lifted it. … I didn’t want to get it, but they said I had to get it or we were going to get fired. And then they lifted it. Y’all did us wrong.”

Report: Navy Shipbuilding Contractor Suspends Vaccine Mandate After Workers Threaten to Quit​

Then.. stop it.
    Stand up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    All my company did was ask for people to send them a copy of vax cards.
    Not required to vax.
    Not required to send the card.

Apparently, they are underwhelmed with the responses they've gotten.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My employer is still in wait and see mode. We got an email this week saying they're watching the OSHA stuff and if it moves ahead they will offer a weekly testing option but so far no mandate to get the shot. We are a .gov contractor so they say folks who directly support that may be required to get the shot if the mandate is upheld. Weekly testing is not an option per Biden's kingly decree.

All that said, all employees will be required to report their status in Dec. to meet reporting requirements. This does bother me, but overall I have been pleased with how the company has handled it. The approach is basically, we're not doing anything until we have to and we're not confident this mandate will hold up. If it does, they're prepared to offer the testing option for those who don't want the shots.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I thought the PCR test was declared invalid a year ago? What are they using now for the fear propoganda? The extremely high level of false positives have destroyed so much, ruined families livelihoods, created unnecessary divisions and established a control mechanism that the criminal TPTB does not want to relinquish.

The USA definitely needs more civil disobedience to establish a correction for the ongoing tyranny, and I'm glad to finally see some resistance to all the nonsense. All these ridiculous rules created terrible behaviors by weak minded people who never had any authority previously, to tell free citizens what to do. It's up to the people that want to be left alone to establish solid boundaries. The government has created a network of financial incentives to suppress your Constitutional rights. It's time to tell the money whore Communists to pound sand.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    More evidence against mandates and passports. Arguably evidence against the vax itself.

How many times do we need to go over this? When the vaccinated to in vaccinated ratio is high, then you can expect to see more cases show up in the vaccinated. What really matters is the severity of those cases.

As to the "passports" it would be darn nice if I had a good way to show my vaccine status rather than a crummy paper card.

I have a feeling I'm going to have trouble in Europe trying to convince the matre'd to let me dine.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How many times do we need to go over this? When the vaccinated to in vaccinated ratio is high, then you can expect to see more cases show up in the vaccinated. What really matters is the severity of those cases.

As to the "passports" it would be darn nice if I had a good way to show my vaccine status rather than a crummy paper card.

I have a feeling I'm going to have trouble in Europe trying to convince the matre'd to let me dine.
    Does the vaccine keep you from getting covid? No

Does the vaccine keep you from spreading covid? No

The only thing you’ve got is an unprovable; it could have been worse? LOL

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

If you look at the ratios, the vax does very little if anything. In the 40-49 age group I belong to, vaccination rate is just over 70% and the ratio of vaxed to unvaxed cases is just under 70%. Ergo it does virtually nothing. I understand after all the pro-vax arguments you've promulgated, it's difficult to be proven wrong, but at some point I'd think you'd like to save a little dignity.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Maybe you could get a tattoo... or maybe wear a yellow star on your wardrobe or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom