• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I've never had a ricochet... ever... I know whats behind my targets... and so should EVERY person that fires a gun... anything less is just unsafe practice...

Yeah, I call BS on this one too. A bullet can ricochet off of any surface. dirt, wood, steele, plants.....Paper.......Air. I have witnessed .45 gr. accelerator rounds from a .308 shrapnel in mid air.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    this is rich.. i'm getting flamed for following basic gun safety rules.. on a gun owners site... and you wonder why Indiana won't allow REAL long guns to be used for deer hunting.

and back to the topic at hand, it's messed up that this guy was murdered... I hope they catch the cowards that did it...

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    1. His gun handling.

2. His lack of eye protection.

3. His lack of ear protection, although sometimes he only wears plugs.

4. His complete disregard of Rule #4.

His videos were less than helpful to the gun culture.

+1 for you sir.
    May I add...
    5. A complete lack of regard for blast radii.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    this is rich.. i'm getting flamed for following basic gun safety rules.. on a gun owners site... and you wonder why Indiana won't allow REAL long guns to be used for deer hunting.

and back to the topic at hand, it's messed up that this guy was murdered... I hope they catch the cowards that did it...

The interesting thing is ... I can sit on my dad's back 40 all day long and pop off rounds with an M1A. All day long, every day, and twice on Sunday if I want.

But somehow, the moment a deer happens to wander in front of the backstop, it becomes unsafe?

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I've never had a ricochet... ever... I know whats behind my targets... and so should EVERY person that fires a gun... anything less is just unsafe practice...

Working the target butts in boot camp, during the day, we could hear ricochets out of the backstops, occasionally seeing puffs of dust on the dirt floor. I wondered why we were wearing helmets and flak jackets down there...THEN came night fire!
    WHOA!!! I couldn't believe all the ricochets, and ALL THE CLOSE CALLS!

We've all had ricochets...they're just hard to see in the daylight.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

I just jumped onto the last page so I didn't see what you think is flaming, but as far as ricochets are concerned, you've had them, you just didn't see them. I've fired way to many rounds to know this is just something that happens. Like someone else mentioned, go fire a mag of tracers into any backstop/surface you want, you'll see ricochets!

Top Bottom