• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Safety Conscious when it comes to the lead being thrown, not so much in the aftermath of the explosions.
    Never heard of the manager, and never heard anyone in the news talking about it. More to come I'm sure.... People pro gun, ending up buried in the news, and the ground.

Badmac 183

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    If my son watches these videos someday, and tries ANY of that crap with my guns, I will pistol whip him in the back of his head. No lie. And he would deserve it.

Guns aren't toys.

Most of my guns are just toys, besides my 12 and 20 gauge i hunt with the others are just for having fun

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Yeah i have to agree. If i spent that kinda money on those guns i would be out there shooting random stuff too. You dont spend that kinda money and do 3-7 rd bursts into paper.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Keith Ratliff is from Frankfort, Kentucky

keith-ratliff-300x300.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Who? Certainly not the guy that was murdered.

He set the gun culture back with all his jackleg gun handling and not wearing eye protection.

Not wearing eye protection sets back the gun culture? Really? Nobody on the outside looks in at someone and thinks "My god, these people are uncivilized" because they shoot without eye protection. It's really just a small interior minority that gets offended by it.

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    This is sad to hear. Yet more fuel for the fire.

I ask that you watch him blow the truck up at the end of this video then ask what is unsafe about his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ8Ndkg8urw

That being said I do watch his videos. As an emotionally and intellectually mature adult I am able to enjoy watching this guy do crazy crap without it having any ill effect on my personal actions. It is, I agree, not appropriate for children.

The really weird thing is that FPSRussia recently did a video where he was restrained in a chair...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjNV2e11Klg&list=UUEPTp5WMAzjh9mOrKUwRLmQ&index=4

I think that Wally-World is going to sell out of aluminum foil tonight :D

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I knew nothing of this until a Facebook friend posted something about it yesterday. After reading the previous posts, I am also compelled to ask, where is the info concerning his body being found tied to a chair coming from? Everything I've read just says he was found after an anonymous call to authorities, and that he was shot in the head, with the body having sat for some time. Numerous weapons were found in the area, whatever that means. Laying around the body? In the building? Given the media's propensity for sensationalism, we'll probably have to wait some time for more accurate details.

As for the debate concerning his videos, I first must admit that I do enjoy watching them, and recently purchased a T-shirt for a friend as a Christmas gift. Would I try some of the things he does? Nope. However, he doesn't appear to be breaking any laws, and his crew seems to accept the inherent risk. YouTube is a haven for videos of people risking serious injury or death, indeed, every Sunday we watch a sport where well paid men risk serious harm, up to paralysis or even death, for pure entertainment. The FPS Russia page is not the place to learn the basics of gun handling and safety, but I don't think it was ever promoted to be such. My :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Is that before or after he got hit with a ricochet? Because his camera man was recently hit and it was on one of his videos that was posted.

If a "ricochet" makes him and his videos unsafe, im sure everyone (if not 99%) here is guilty. Seriously, how many people here can say they have never had a bullet ricoshet off of anything?

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    If a "ricochet" makes him and his videos unsafe, im sure everyone (if not 99%) here is guilty. Seriously, how many people here can say they have never had a bullet ricoshet off of anything?

I've never had a ricochet... ever... I know whats behind my targets... and so should EVERY person that fires a gun... anything less is just unsafe practice...

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I've never had a ricochet... ever... I know whats behind my targets... and so should EVERY person that fires a gun... anything less is just unsafe practice...

I have been hit by ricochets. Most were predictable (shooting steel plate, etc) but a couple of times I could not for the life of me figure out how that round came back at me!

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Is that before or after he got hit with a ricochet? Because his camera man was recently hit and it was on one of his videos that was posted.

IIRC it was not a ricochet at all, but Shrapnel from an explosion. just throwing that out...

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    IMO if he wants to risk his own life for the sake of the video then so be it as long as he doesn't endanger his crew.

His channel isn't a gun safety channel and he does say not to try it at home.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I ask that you watch him blow the truck up at the end of this video then ask what is unsafe about his videos.

1. His gun handling.

2. His lack of eye protection.

3. His lack of ear protection, although sometimes he only wears plugs.

4. His complete disregard of Rule #4.

His videos were less than helpful to the gun culture.

Top Bottom