• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I thought they got in bed with the Russians.
    I don't think the Saudis have as much control over the family as they might pretend they do. That money goes into a LOT of pockets and leaks out to all kinds of places behind the scenes.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My prediction is that this is going to happen with much more frequency inside Russia, just Russia.

Russia is, and for the most part, always has been an empire. The Russians hold an ethnic majority of is about 78% according to the CIA. Link: https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/russia/

The Russians are not kind to their ethnic minorities so there is no love lost.

When Russia invaded Ukraine this last time there was a clear and resounding message to the world: The Russian military is a paper tiger. It sucks. Russians have been losing tens of thousands of troops inside Ukraine and their territorial gains have been insignificant.

One ethnic group the Russians promised to put under Russian "protection" were the Armenians. Armenia had controlled about 15% of Azerbaijan territory. But in September of 2023 Azerbaijan made a big military push and overwhelmed Armenian forces in Artsakh and also reestablished control of Nagorno-Karabakh. This in complete defiance of Russian security protection of Armenia.

The vast majority of Russian focus is in Ukraine. Their ability to be aware of or even care about other minor areas is in serious question.

So I'm betting that a lot of other ethnic and religious minorities are looking at just what they can do to regain independence that has been denied them since the at least the formation of the Soviet Union.

Putin has backed an idiot sociopath Ramzan Kadyrov. Ramzan controls Chechnya... kind-of mostly. But his control is not absolute. There are still many Chechen's that want to be free of Russia. It was Chechens who launched the attack on a Moscow theater in 2002. The only difference between then and now was the "terrorists" waited to start shooting and were killed for it. 22 years later they maybe(?) learned not to wait.

If Russia cannot defend Armenia from Azerbaijan then what can it do to the Tatars, Bashkir, Chechens, Chuvashs, Mordvins, etc etc etc? Now is their golden opportunity to rise up and spread chaos. The more chaos they spread the weaker Putin appears as he cannot provide security within his own country. And the weaker Putin appears the more likely he is to do something stupid or just be removed (quietly or loudly, doesn't matter.) If that happens independence for a whole host of ethnic minorities becomes much more likely.

And a few videos for you viewing pleasure.

Regards,

Doug

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    My prediction is that this is going to happen with much more frequency inside Russia, just Russia.

Russia is, and for the most part, always has been an empire. The Russians hold an ethnic majority of is about 78% according to the CIA. Link: https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/russia/

The Russians are not kind to their ethnic minorities so there is no love lost.

When Russia invaded Ukraine this last time there was a clear and resounding message to the world: The Russian military is a paper tiger. It sucks. Russians have been losing tens of thousands of troops inside Ukraine and their territorial gains have been insignificant.

One ethnic group the Russians promised to put under Russian "protection" were the Armenians. Armenia had controlled about 15% of Azerbaijan territory. But in September of 2023 Azerbaijan made a big military push and overwhelmed Armenian forces in Artsakh and also reestablished control of Nagorno-Karabakh. This in complete defiance of Russian security protection of Armenia.

The vast majority of Russian focus is in Ukraine. Their ability to be aware of or even care about other minor areas is in serious question.

So I'm betting that a lot of other ethnic and religious minorities are looking at just what they can do to regain independence that has been denied them since the at least the formation of the Soviet Union.

Putin has backed an idiot sociopath Ramzan Kadyrov. Ramzan controls Chechnya... kind-of mostly. But his control is not absolute. There are still many Chechen's that want to be free of Russia. It was Chechens who launched the attack on a Moscow theater in 2002. The only difference between then and now was the "terrorists" waited to start shooting and were killed for it. 22 years later they maybe(?) learned not to wait.

If Russia cannot defend Armenia from Azerbaijan then what can it do to the Tatars, Bashkir, Chechens, Chuvashs, Mordvins, etc etc etc? Now is their golden opportunity to rise up and spread chaos. The more chaos they spread the weaker Putin appears as he cannot provide security within his own country. And the weaker Putin appears the more likely he is to do something stupid or just be removed (quietly or loudly, doesn't matter.) If that happens independence for a whole host of ethnic minorities becomes much more likely.

And a few videos for you viewing pleasure.

Regards,

Doug

I can see the logic in this. It is a dangerous thing though. If Putin can’t defend against it, the chances of something really big and mushroomy being used on regions that do this go way up. He can’t just capitulate. If he is removed, then the guy that replaces him faces the exact same delimma. I guess we will all get to see what pans out.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I can see the logic in this. It is a dangerous thing though. If Putin can’t defend against it, the chances of something really big and mushroomy being used on regions that do this go way up. He can’t just capitulate. If he is removed, then the guy that replaces him faces the exact same delimma. I guess we will all get to see what pans out.
    Quote @Libertarian01

“And the weaker Putin appears the more likely he is to do something stupid or just be removed (quietly or loudly, doesn't matter.)”

Hold on to your hats men, things could get sporty.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Not saying that we shouldn't be aware of our surroundings and take as many precautions as is possible, but terrorists aren't just "terrorizing" by killing people. They're also doing it by making people too scared to do the things they enjoy. Just sayin'...
    No one gets out of this alive. We all have a death to give. We will be required to give it when that time comes. Setting in my home in fear of public gatherings will most likely not change when I’m required to face my death.
    Totally agree with these sentiments.

That being said, boycotting events that force attendees to disarm does seem like a good thing to do, in general. I don't support cowering in your house in fear, but standing up for our rights is long overdue.

Top Bottom