• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I was raised in Monona, surrounded by Madison. Left when I went to college and went back for a class several years later at UW campus. Haven't been back in 50 years other than that 1 time. Was there when they tried to blow up the rotc building in the 60's. Dont miss it at all.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Looks like her story was fabricated. (no surprise here)
    https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...cle_391b86cf-5253-5cde-bf22-7320c61255e8.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nsin-lighter-fluid-attack-dropped/5908100002/

Kind of sounds like the police just want to sweep it under the rug - I guess they're afraid of the bad press from charging a BLM activist with making up a crime.
    The MSM is reporting this? Wow! The Star Chamber will soon have some editors head.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The MSM is reporting this? Wow! The Star Chamber will soon have some editors head.
    You might be coming on a touch strong. ;)

I'm not exactly sure the WI State Journal is MSM, but I guess MSM has just become a catchall pejorative.

And those that haven't read it, they did an excellent job of detailing the events.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Burned herself... Maybe she was following in the footsteps of Richard Pryor?...

Language warning... (it's richard pryor for crying out loud)

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The extreme level of detail in the story tells me that the State Journal wants to make it absolutely clear that this was a Smollett, not The Man sweeping another wrong under the rug. Just doing their part to keep another riot from burning any more of the city.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If she burned herself in her fabricated story, wouldn't she have more street cred than Occassional Cortex with her fabricated story?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Having spent a fair amount of time there, this comes as no surprise. Well, maybe a little. It's a bit hard to believe the hippie denizens would turn to violence and mayhem.

But, it's an act of incredible ignorance to tear down a statue of man who led soldiers in the fight against slavery, and another statue of a woman with an outstretched arm symbolizing progress. Is there no bounds to their destruction?

It's a shame because it's a beautiful capitol and square with lots of wonderful places to grab a beer.

This is where I would normally come in and say leftist aren't brain dead and evil, they just see things wrongly.

But here? Nope. This is just evil. I can't disagree with you at all.
    They don’t understand the statues they tear down. Much the same as some conworkers cheered the statue in Garfield park being removed. They didn’t even know that it was a memorial to confederate soldiers who died in a union prison camp.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    They don’t understand the statues they tear down. Much the same as some conworkers cheered the statue in Garfield park being removed. They didn’t even know that it was a memorial to confederate soldiers who died in a union prison camp.

Yep. Idiocy knows no bounds.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ignorance is rampant... and timeless.

Top Bottom