• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Like you, I too desired night sights on my M&P9c, however the one thing I don't like about most night sights is that the night sight itself is smaller than the regular (white dot) sights. In addition, I was looking for something that would glow during the day as well.

Based upon my research there was only one sight that fit both of those requirements, the Truglo TFO's

470683.jpg

They're Green fiber-optic by day and full-size Green Tritium by night. I purchased them online for $80.00 and had Elmores install them ($20.00).

I am now hoping they make these same sights for the rest of my pistols.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Elmore's had Meprolights in stock for the M&P today. They do installation, as well. I'd call first if you are driving from Metamora. (Nice town, by the way!) (317) 888-5400.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Thanks for the replies. Ill check with Elmores, Im not really stuck on mepros, just want nite sights, the sights on it now are pretty hard for me to see. Need something that really stands out

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I'm thinking of trying an XS Big Dot sight system on one of my pistols. I've heard that they are a really quick "up close and personal" sight for a defensive gun. If I get a set, I'll do a review.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I looked at the xs web s ight and if Im reading it right, only the front sight it tritium for the m&P, the rear sight is just a painted white vertical line.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Yeah, I think you are right! Bummer. If I get a set, they'll have to go on one of my Glocks. I like tritium on both front and rear sights, if I'm gonna have night sights. Still, some people go with just a front night sight. My Smith & Wesson SD40 came stock with a front night sight and white dot rear. I haven't shot it in low light conditions, but the front night sight would at least help in a close range defensive shooting. I'll probably get a rear set of night sights put on eventually.

Top Bottom