• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Anyone have any opinions of the M&P 9mm compact? I am an XD guy but they don't make a regular XD model in a comfortable size for CC carry on me. The M&P seems to be getting a nice following and I am looking for something that can be carried by me or by my GF if she decides that is the route she wants to go. Also, the S&W pistols are made here in the USA which is a big positive for me but not a deal breaker if not. Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated even if it is to suggest a different gun model or manufacturer. The only pistol that is not a choice is the Glock and that is due to fit in hand and not a knock on their quality.

Thanks

Flex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    My M&Pc has had no issues over 900 rounds and I just add new Hard sear from APEX TACTICAL some improvement in performance.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Came down between the M&P compact and USP compact for me. Both solid guns and both felt good in the hand. Both good shooters, IMO...and believe me, I handled a lot of guns before deciding!

I recommend you go shoot it and then make your decision! :yesway:

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I like mine, Ive shot it a lot with no problems, the adjustable backstrap is a nice feature, I think its an easy pistol to shoot well, the trigger isnt great at first but mine is smoothing out.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've shot an M&P compact and it is a great gun. I actually have the M&P 9 and it's definitely my go-to gun. Adjustable backstraps are a big plus and the M&P has great ergonomics. You'll definitely want to break it in with a couple hundred rounds though because the trigger is a little gritty out of the box. I've added the Apex kit to mine and the trigger is 10 times better. I know it seems crazy to start adding parts on a brand new gun, but I'm telling you that Apex kit makes a world of difference in the trigger pull and it actually shortens up the reset a bit.

Good luck in your decision.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I just went from an XD9SC to a M&P9C. I love it. The XD was a nice gun, but a little big and blocky for concealed carry. I picked up an M&P compact from a fellow INGOer and have been carrying it for the last ten days. You won't be disappointed. Can't say enough good about it. I also have the M&P 9 full size, so when I go to the range I shoot the 17 round mags in my compact, too.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I love my MPs. They have a $50 rebate promo that ends on Oct. 3rd so get your soon. Larrys Pistol and Pawn has them for $399 after rebate. That's hard to beat.

$50 OR 2 mags. I went with the 2 mags option.

LUUUVVVV my M&P9c. Shoots like a dream, reliably and accurately, and conceals relatively well. Highly recommend it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I love my 9c.

After shooting my buddy's XD9c, I still choose the M&P.

NO failures of any kind...ever. No matter the brand of ammo.

Extremely accurate, providing I do my part.

Carries well in my IWB holster, too (Raven Phantom).

-J-

Gabby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Ellettsville
    I went from a G26 to the the 9c. I picked it up in the shop and I was hooked. It felt that good in my hand and it shoots even better.:D It looks better than a Glock and it's made in the US. :patriot: What else can anyone ask for??:dunno:

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    great shooter - great natural pointer. I am a 1911 fan - but I fell in love with my M&P9C. Great carry choice. Much lighter than my Kimber Pro - I still feel well protected if most circumstances. You will not regret.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    M&P line has evolved to one of the best guns on the market for self defense. I have had my M&P9c for a couple years and 3,000 rounds with ZERO hiccups. I'm now looking to get a fullsize to match it. Get the Crimson Trace laser grips and its the ultimate selfdefense tool.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The big thing that attracted me to the M&P 9c is the size and the fact that it is made here. Normally, I prefer the XD pistols but they don't make a 9mm in compact and the sub-compact is very uncomfortable in my hand. The M&P9c is a great size and very close to my XD45c that I like to carry.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I definitely recommend shooting before buying.

Cathy traded for one a couple years ago. She really liked the way it felt, liked the fact it was American made, etc. At the range, she hated it, and I didn't care much for it either. We just didn't like the way it felt. Felt to both of us like it was trying to get away from us.

Objectively, though, it was very accurate, and very reliable.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I agree with everyone else. The 9C is a great gun! I recently purchased a Kimber (avatar) to replace mine as my primary carry but guess what? The Kimber looks good in the safe and the 9C is still on my belt. :)

Top Bottom