• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Your location says "Noblesville". Are you within city limits? If so, you'll need to go to NPD, not the Hamilton County Sheriff. NPD is easy as pie. You'll probably not even see the Chief, just the clerk, and you can go any day between 8am and 4pm.

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    I'm wondering what Carmel is gonna be like for mine. I move there in less than 2 weeks and then I'll be applying for mine

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'm wondering what Carmel is gonna be like for mine. I move there in less than 2 weeks and then I'll be applying for mine

Easy. Don't sweat it. I used L1 and got it with 7 business days of seeing the chief and signing the app. Pat walks you through it and is really nice to work with.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    erm....not to show my ignorance...but what the crap is L1?

L1 Identity Solutions is a third-party contracted by the state to help with doing the LTCH background checks. You are not required to use them, but it'll speed the process up considerably.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    By "considerably" he means ~10+ times faster.

I already have my LTCH, but if I didn't I'd pay the $11.00 to go through L1 in a heartbeat.

Absolutely go through L1! Spoken from experience it is AT LEAST 10 weeks from the time you applied before you will receive it!

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN

I"m sure you'll have no problems but since you gotta go through Carmel, I sure wouldn't mention this site........Carmel been in the news lately!!!!! Be sure and get the lifetime....

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Easy. Don't sweat it. I used L1 and got it with 7 business days of seeing the chief and signing the app. Pat walks you through it and is really nice to work with.

Couldn't agree more. The hardest thing is finding a time to go. Carmel Police Chief was really nice and just wanted to chat. 5-10 min and I had my signature.

hhi7410

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Noblesville ,In
    Your location says "Noblesville". Are you within city limits? If so, you'll need to go to NPD, not the Hamilton County Sheriff. NPD is easy as pie. You'll probably not even see the Chief, just the clerk, and you can go any day between 8am and 4pm.

I`m out of city Limit`s I`m living at between Westfield and Noblesville thanks for info

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    thanks, I have time to stop by just pay and get finger printed so I don`t have to go back

Are you not going to go through L1?

If you are, then you need to find the L1 closest to you. They sub-contract through 1000's of businesses throughout Indiana.

I believe at the end of the online application, it will ask you if you would like to submit your prints through L1...If you do, then you can just sign up for an appointment on their website and you can use your debit/credit card to pay them the $85.85($75 for ISP and $10.85 for L1) in advance.

You won't need to go to the local station until after ISP has approved you...Then you'll take a $50.00 money order, pay them and sign the local app.

Then it's just a short wait for your LTCH to arrive.

Top Bottom