• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Kansas City Mo
    As I will be moving to Madison in Jefferson County from Missouri and I have
    a Missouri carry permit, how hard is to get the Indiana LTCH? Is Madison a
    gun friendly town? Where do I go, to the chief of police? Thank You.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Indiana honors all 50 states carry licenses. I am pretty sure you need to establish residency before you can get your license in Indiana, someone will have to confirm that, but it makes sense to me!

When you do go to get your Indiana License to carry, if you live in City limits, you will go to that City's police department. If you live in the county, you will need to go to the sheriffs office of that county.

I haven't been to Madison in quite some time, but I don't see why they wouldn't be a gun friendly town. Bloomington is one of the towns I would say is not too friendly based on how left we are here. But I haven't really heard of any problems from anyone who carry's here either!

PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    I grew up just south of Madison in Clark Co. and never had a problem carrying in Jefferson Co. I never carried open downtown or anything, usually only carried open out in the boonies. Like Griffeycom said, we'd probably have more trouble here in Bloomington than in Madison.

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I live in clark co. I open carry in madison when I'm up there and I've never
    had any problems. Most leo's down here in the southern part of the state are pretty gun friendly. I open carry everyday, weather permitting, and have never been hassled.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    If you are breathing and have a pulse [and don't have a criminal record], an Indiana LTCH is very easy to obtain. I'm not sure how long you have to be a resident.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Establishing residency:

IC 9-13-2-78
    Indiana resident

Sec. 78. "Indiana resident" refers to a person who is one (1) of the following:
    (1) A person who has been living in Indiana for at least one hundred eighty-three (183) days during a calendar year and who has a legal residence in another state. However, the term does not include a person who has been living in Indiana for any of the following purposes:
    (A) Attending a postsecondary educational institution.
    (B) Serving on active duty in the armed forces of the United States.
    (2) A person who is living in Indiana if the person has no other legal residence.

(3) A person who is registered to vote in Indiana.

(4) A person who has a child enrolled in an elementary or a secondary school located in Indiana.

(5) A person who has more than one-half (1/2) of the person's gross income (as defined in Section 61 of the Internal Revenue Code) derived from sources in Indiana using the provisions applicable to determining the source of adjusted gross income that are set forth in IC 6-3-2-2. However, a person who is considered a resident under this subdivision is not a resident if the person proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the person is not a resident under subdivisions (1) through (4).

(6) A person who:
    (A) is enrolled as a student of a truck driver training school;
    (B) has legal residence in another state but is living in Indiana temporarily for the express purpose of taking a course of study from the truck driver training school; and
    (C) intends to return to the person's state of residence upon completion of the course of study of the truck driver training school.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.188-2006, SEC.2; P.L.2-2007, SEC.139.

Top Bottom