• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I went to Jasper this morning to pick up some stuff and observing National Open Carry Day with the XD IWB and the grip sticking out with shirt tucked in. I went into Advance Auto noticed there was a city cop down the counter from me and I could see him coming toward me as I was getting my wallet out. He asked to see my "permit" while I was in my wallet after giving a friendly greeting. I said no problem and showed my LTCH to him. He said thanks and I replied thank you and that I was observing NOCD and explained what it was and told him about INGO. Then he said "those Glocks sure are good guns" I said yes they are but I am carrying a Springfield XD. He was looking at it and said wow it looks just like a Glock I then pointed out the grip safety and said yep but there are small differences.
    He was very nice even if his knowledge about guns was minimal at least in telling a Glock from a XD. I was nice in return and thanked him for taking the time to check my "Licence".
    I then continued my uneventful trip to Rural King, gas station and the local hardware store. no one else even noticed my weapon though.

Last edited:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I went to Jasper this morning to pick up some stuff and observing National Open Carry Day with the XD IWB and the grip sticking out with shirt tucked in. I went into Advance Auto noticed there was a city cop down the cunter from me and I could see him coming toward me as I was getting my wallet out. He asked to see my "permit" while I was in my wallet after giving a friendly greeting. I said no problem and showed my LTCH to him. He said thanks and I replied thank you and that I was observing NOCD and explained what it was and told him about INGO. Then he said "those Glocks sure are good guns" I said yes they are but I am carrying a Springfield XD. He was looking at it and said wow it looks just like a Glock I then pointed out the grip safety and said yep but there are small differences.
    He was very nice even if his knowledge about guns was minimal at least in telling a Glock from a XD. I was nice in return and thanked him for taking the time to check my "Licence".
    I then continued my uneventful trip to Rural King, gas station and the local hardware store. no one else even noticed my weapon though.

Cool story Neocon...was it an Amish made cunter or some commercial built cunter? :lmfao:

Check out this spell checker for browsers, I know someone else has posted about this thats how I found it. ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer

may not work for them all but most I think. :thumbsup:

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Good to hear that you had a good experience with a LEO.

I've open carried today (as I will all weekend) and not one person freaked out. I'm shocked!

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Sweet! Good story.............

I was in Jasper Thursday and ended up buying an XD, strictly on a whim. Nice coincidence!

It seems like a nice pistol, but haven't shot it yet.

I was originally going to get a 9mm GLOCK of some stripe, but the shop was DRY of Gaston's babies, save one lone used G22.

The owner told me his GLOCK shipment is way overdue, and to keep checking in. Ouch!

I buy Glocks from him because he always has the best price on them I can find.

I wonder if anyone else is having trouble getting their supply of them!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I was originally going to get a 9mm GLOCK of some stripe, but the shop was DRY of Gaston's babies, save one lone used G22.

The owner told me his GLOCK shipment is way overdue, and to keep checking in. Ouch!

I buy Glocks from him because he always has the best price on them I can find.

I wonder if anyone else is having trouble getting their supply of them!

Same here, it seemed like I waited forever to receive some back ordered Glock mags

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I've not noticed any shortage of Glocks in the stores. Now finding a G26 for less than $485 was a problem but I just bought an XDSC instead. So far I really like it.
    Is it better than a Glock? NO. Is it worse that a Glock?nope. Some things I like more some things less. But really the Glock is a much more proven weapon than the other new comers to the striker fired, poly weapons. I cannot deny this.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    the first time I saw an XD I was like "WTF, where did this guy get a grip safety for his glock, i want one"

I don't know alot, but I try to learn, and am never opposed to being wrong to learn more.....;)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I went to Jasper this morning to pick up some stuff and observing National Open Carry Day with the XD IWB and the grip sticking out with shirt tucked in. I went into Advance Auto noticed there was a city cop down the counter from me and I could see him coming toward me as I was getting my wallet out. He asked to see my "permit" while I was in my wallet after giving a friendly greeting. I said no problem and showed my LTCH to him. He said thanks and I replied thank you and that I was observing NOCD and explained what it was and told him about INGO. Then he said "those Glocks sure are good guns" I said yes they are but I am carrying a Springfield XD. He was looking at it and said wow it looks just like a Glock I then pointed out the grip safety and said yep but there are small differences.

Sounds like a friendly cop. Did he seem nervous at all?

Top Bottom