• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Just wanted to make this post for anyone who might find themselves looking for information on the LTCH application process on INGO (I was doing so while I was waiting for approval, and found a lot of mixed info).

First of all, it's very easy and quick. There's no longer a fee (not even a local fee in my town), so all I had to pay for was my fingerprints (~$10).

1. Apply online
    2. Schedule fingerprinting appointment
    3. Go get fingerprints taken
    4. Go to local police department (they say to wait 10 days, but I went 3 days later, and my prints were in the system, YMMV)
    5. They'll send it off to Indiana State Police, and if you're approved, you'll have your LTCH in the mail within days (you can check the online application portal periodically for updates)

From applying to receiving my LTCH in the mail, it took 5 days total.

Bonus info: Before this application, I had another one in-progress for over a year that I didn't get around to finishing. I finished that one up by logging into my year-old account and getting the fingerprinting done with for account. My LTCH application portal came back with a RETURNED status (I think there are several reasons it can be RETURNED). All I had to do was start a new account, call ISP to get my fingerprints transferred to my new account, then go back to my local PD. After this, it took 5 days.

PS: No need to disclose any information on the application other than criminal history / being committed to a psychiatric facility. Just in case you're wondering if the other questions might impact your approval. :chillpill:

Hope this helps anyone searching around for information on INGO. :ingo:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Lifetime. I don't think they offer the 5-year anymore, actually. (or the others, if there were any)
    5 year replaced the 4 year in 2019 when the 5 year was passed (eventually became free in 2020.) The purpose of the 5 year was to have a license that would create a NICS exempt license (fill out 4473 with FFL, doesn't have to be called in. Other States have this.)

Unfortunately a whole lot of people at the ATF (Arbitrary Towards Firearms) need to be fired before this will happen.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    5 year replaced the 4 year in 2019 when the 5 year was passed (eventually became free in 2020.) The purpose of the 5 year was to have a license that would create a NICS exempt license (fill out 4473 with FFL, doesn't have to be called in. Other States have this.)

Unfortunately a whole lot of people at the ATF (Arbitrary Towards Firearms) need to be fired before this will happen.
    Ah, I see.
    What do you mean by "called in"? As in, sent to the ISP for them to do it?

bashMOH

Hawaiian Pizza
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Daviess county
    Wait... One can get a Lifetime Permit still in Indiana? I thought it was going away.
    If I remember correctly, you need it for reciprocity with other states. I.E. I can ConC in Indiana but I can't in Kentucky unless I have a LTCH in Indiana. If I'm wrong, please correct me lol

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ah, I see.
    What do you mean by "called in"? As in, sent to the ISP for them to do it?
    ATF Form 4473 is required for all purchases/transfers of firearms through an FFL. The Indiana 5 year LTCH was designed to be the same as calling in the 4473 info to the FBI in Martinsburg, WV. "NICS exempt" is another term used for this.

Mackeryd

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Just wanted to make this post for anyone who might find themselves looking for information on the LTCH application process on INGO (I was doing so while I was waiting for approval, and found a lot of mixed info).

First of all, it's very easy and quick. There's no longer a fee (not even a local fee in my town), so all I had to pay for was my fingerprints (~$10).

1. Apply online
    2. Schedule fingerprinting appointment
    3. Go get fingerprints taken
    4. Go to local police department (they say to wait 10 days, but I went 3 days later, and my prints were in the system, YMMV)
    5. They'll send it off to Indiana State Police, and if you're approved, you'll have your LTCH in the mail within days (you can check the online application portal periodically for updates)

From applying to receiving my LTCH in the mail, it took 5 days total.

Bonus info: Before this application, I had another one in-progress for over a year that I didn't get around to finishing. I finished that one up by logging into my year-old account and getting the fingerprinting done with for account. My LTCH application portal came back with a RETURNED status (I think there are several reasons it can be RETURNED). All I had to do was start a new account, call ISP to get my fingerprints transferred to my new account, then go back to my local PD. After this, it took 5 days.

PS: No need to disclose any information on the application other than criminal history / being committed to a psychiatric facility. Just in case you're wondering if the other questions might impact your approval. :chillpill:

Hope this helps anyone searching around for information on INGO. :ingo:
    I did the last step today, “visit local law enforcement” the fingerprinted me but did not ask for any money. Is the IMPD fee waived now as well?

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    The new License is free so I thought I'd upgrade the old Paper one. Filled in the Info (rejected 3 Times! "Info does not match our Records") Same info except for an address change for 45+ years. Try #4 was successful!!!!!! Click the box for the replacement Plastic, $20! Not today ISP, tucked the old laminated pink paper back in my bill fold.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The new License is free so I thought I'd upgrade the old Paper one. Filled in the Info (rejected 3 Times! "Info does not match our Records") Same info except for an address change for 45+ years. Try #4 was successful!!!!!! Click the box for the replacement Plastic, $20! Not today ISP, tucked the old laminated pink paper back in my bill fold.
    Replacement costs haven't changed, but you can have the lifetime and the five year at the same time.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Yeah, if you already have a card, it'll cost the $20 to replace (or upgrade to plastic).

Top Bottom