• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Our old mare Ginger was 37 ish and went thru EPM( parasite transmitted by coons/opossums that attacks muscles and nerves on the microscopic level), but most of all all my grandkids and lots of camp kids rode her and she was loved by all.
    Just a good ole horse.
    Part pasifino and thoroughbred and all heart. She was our first horse that I bought my wife as a surprise 21 years ago and help start us on on our journey to to more educated being horse owners AND the rescue that we started.. which led to fulfilling the dream/mission to help kids and all types of people
    This picture here is at a camp we did and is right after EPM and the vet had cleared her to go.. I know she looked thin but that didn’t stop her from participating. Kids painted her and led her through obstacles
    2B1091E2-9DEB-443C-AE87-0CF73C37D977.png 976D0753-8A97-4C87-B248-A9744C3FAC9B.png

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Our old mare was 37 ish and went thru EPM( parasite transmitted by coons/opossums that attacks muscles and nerves on the microscopic level), but most of all all my grandkids and lots of camp kids rode her and she was loved by all.
    Just a good ole horse.
    Part pasifino and thoroughbred and all heart. She was our first horse that I bought my wife as a surprise and help start us on on our journey to to more educated being horse owners AND the rescue that we started.. which led to fulfilling the dream/mission to help kids and all types of people
    This picture here is right after EPM and the vet had cleared her to go.. I know she looked thin but that didn’t stop her from participating. Kids painted her and led her through obstacles
    View attachment 309082 View attachment 309083
    Lost my old gelding, Impy, many years ago at nearly that same age. Hard to take when such a big piece of your childhood has to be put down. Condolences.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry to hear. Horses are amazing creatures and have a way of getting deeper into your heart than any other animal.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My condolences. Sounds like she brought a lot of joy and love for many.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm sorry for your loss. She lived a good long life. Not many horses make it to 37.

EPM is horrible. We have a pony that has had it twice. Thankfully the medicine worked both times and he made a full recovery.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I'm sorry for your loss. She lived a good long life. Not many horses make it to 37.

EPM is horrible. We have a pony that has had it twice. Thankfully the medicine worked both times and he made a full recovery.
    Thanks. We had 4 horses with at one time.. really did a number on them. Our pony had it at that time and can’t imagine it 2 times. It took a lot of effort to get them back.. as you know.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thanks. We had 4 horses with at one time.. really did a number on them. Our pony had it at that time and can’t imagine it 2 times. It took a lot of effort to get them back.. as you know.
    Damn. Do you have a problem with opossums?

We had one in the barn we didn't know about at that time. I put it to rest in the woods across the street.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    It is hard to lose them. I put my old posse horse down, have her daughter and hard to believe she is now 21 years old. They worm their way into our hearts for sure and gentle caring horses are worth more than their weight in gold.

Top Bottom