• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Damn. Do you have a problem with opossums?

We had one in the barn we didn't know about at that time. I put it to rest in the woods across the street.
    Not normally. Not sure if it came in on the hay they got it from?? Guessing hay. For all 4 to get it from grazing would be hard to believe
    Dogs keep most of the critters away but if a possum or coon is close to my barn I dispatch of it

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not normally. Not sure if it came in on the hay they got it from?? Guessing hay. For all 4 to get it from grazing would be hard to believe
    Dogs keep most of the critters away but if a possum or coon is close to my barn I dispatch of it
    True. Grazing is definitely not as likely, unless you had a whole family of them living in the pasture.

One with it was bad enough, I can't imagine four at the same time. I'm glad they came out alright for you too.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    My condolences.

Where To Bury A Horse

Author Unknown

If you bury him in this spot,
    the secret of which you must already have,
    he will come to you when you call,
    come to you over the far, dim pastures of death.

And though you ride other living horses through life,
    they shall not shy at him,
    nor resent his coming.

For he is yours, and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you,
    who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall,
    who hear no snicker pitched too fine for insensitive ears.

People who may never really love a horse.

Smile at them then,
    for you shall know something that is hidden from them
    and which is well worth the knowing
    The one place to bury a horse...is in the heart of his master.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Deepest condolences. I know exactly how you feel.

Don’t know much about horses (I’m a cow guy) but can this be controlled with Ivermectin? Be glad to bring you a bottle.

*, I’ll bring you a trap or two. Live, or leg hold.

Just let me know, if you feel the need. I’m about an hour west of you. No problem, you need it, I’ll bring it to your door.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They get to be part of the family. My mom has always loved horses...got her first when she was 16. When she and dad bought the house I grew up in, there was a horse being boarded there. Mom said it could stay...and then we started adding some of our own. She is 88 now and lost her last one a few years ago. I believe Joe was 38 when we finally had to put him down due to severe arthritis. I'm so sorry to hear about losing yours after such a long time together.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Deepest condolences. I know exactly how you feel.

Don’t know much about horses (I’m a cow guy) but can this be controlled with Ivermectin? Be glad to bring you a bottle.

*, I’ll bring you a trap or two. Live, or leg hold.

Just let me know, if you feel the need. I’m about an hour west of you. No problem, you need it, I’ll bring it to your door.
    THANK YOU, but Ivermectin does not work ( to my knowledge for EPM) The medicine they have is a Folic Acid base the attacks the microscopic parasite so that the parasite can't process food.. it takes time and depending on the horse and health it takes time to work. There was a preventative medicine that we were to be part of a case study but for some reason the case study was cancelled and as far as I know not going on anywhere. The meds to treat is a pink sticky liquid that you have to administer orally.. so try grabbing a horse by its head and wrestling it while trying to squirt thick sticky liquid down its throat.. twice a day. First few days were rough administering it but the horses figured out we were helping and it soon got easier!
    I do appreciate the offer and as INGO goes lots of great folks here. Blessings, Tim

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Very sorry to hear this :( My oldest Grandson has two horses. One is 22 and the other is 25 years old. I dread the day he would lose any one of his horses. He loves horses.

Top Bottom