• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Remind me again who the realist are, and what the insanity is.

Really, I got no clue.

However, in this case, it seems that Menards is being the realist (i.e. there is a very aggressive flu going around), and the insanity is pretending all is normal and they are *******s for taking a simple measure.

Ok, got you covered here.

The realists are those that understand the spread will be the spread. We "flattened the curve" to not overwhelm medical resources by SIP, and now must resume life. The sheeple believe, mistakenly due to bad media, that they can avoid C-19 and never deal with it, wrong, most of us must deal with it. This theater is highly unlikely to stop the spread...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    hell, the employees dont wear them correctly, why should we? wear it under your chin. "I'm wearing a mask, see!"

If they give you any flak, wear it inappropriately with the top band running across your upper lip. I'm sure youll be allowed in. Reminds me of the time I mouthed off to my social studies teacher in HS. He took me out into the hall to talk to me and since I had bad body language he told me to stand at attention. SO I chose "at ease". He ignorantly said "that's better!" I laughed inside knowing he didnt realize I was mocking him and he though I was following his orders. LOL

And worst case, if that doesnt fly, be a Karen. Every time you find an employee wearing a mask improperly (I guarantee you'll find more than one) call a manager over and have them correct the employee. After all, cant have them doing the wrong thing if we cant.

I thought of doing a weird science and put a bra over my head. Dont think the wife would approve of me raiding her bra drawer.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Remind me again who the realist are, and what the insanity is.

Really, I got no clue.

However, in this case, it seems that Menards is being the opportunist (i.e. there is a very aggressive flu going around), and making money off the fearmongering

FTFY

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not care If you wear a mask. I don't care if you don't.

I contacted Menards the first day they did this. So I guess you realize I am a dissenter.

The big problem I have with this discussion is that some here that believe masks are the answer want to go all autharitarian and suggest that I should wear a mask because they think I should.

As I said in another thread, in parts of Asia they wear them year round, because there are germs year round. If you are wearing one now it will never be safe to take it off.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do not care If you wear a mask. I don't care if you don't.

I contacted Menards the first day they did this. So I guess you realize I am a dissenter.

The big problem I have with this discussion is that some here that believe masks are the answer want to go all autharitarian and suggest that I should wear a mask because they think I should.

As I said in another thread, in parts of Asia they wear them year round, because there are germs year round. If you are wearing one now it will never be safe to take it off.

NEVER EVER EVER...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I have only read the first couple of posts here.
    With that.... Why is wearing a face mask bad again? Or is it because a business has a mask wearing policy to enter their store. I didn't need anyone to tell me to wear a mask, I saw what was happening and put one on all by myself. Still wear it today.

You guys need to get off this conspiracy bandwagon and try to get along with what's happening around the world. Just because the media and some politicians are trying taking advantage of a bad situation doesn't mean what's going on isn't real. Just because you can't see the virus and you don't personally have sick friends, doesn't make everything about it fake.

"Spinning" what you see and hear just so it will fit with your agenda is straight out of the liberal playbook.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    There’s a whole state just to our left that has mandated face filters be worn, everywhere, indefinitely and nothing is open. It’s pandemonium over there, I think down state Illinois is ripe for succession.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    And why would anybody go to Menards? Lowes gives veterans 10% right off the top. Doesn't make me wait for it in the mail. Doesn't make me spend it in their store. And does it 100% of the time if I remember to give them my phone #.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    One of my "issues" with Menards: They did NOT require a mask while the rest of the world was "shut down". For WEEKS one could enter their stores as if nothing was different. Now, once the world is beginning to reopen, they start requiring a mask, and will charge you a dollar if you don't have one. Sounds both backwards and greedy. Add on top that I can no longer bring my child, which means I can no longer bring my spouse (someone has to watch the kid). They have made it difficult to WANT to go, and difficult to ACTUALLY go.

Add in the fact that the masks I see in public are minimally effective, at best, and these policies are then obviously for show only.

My issue isn't simply "the mask". They have made it difficult, and there are alternatives.

On the flip side, a few businesses we visit have adopted policies that we have asked them to KEEP. A couple of pet stores started up convenient curb-side pickup. I dropped a note to management and to corporate asking they keep it. Same with a couple of restaurants, that figured out how to handle the curbside volume (not all have).

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    So what's the big deal about wearing a mask?

When I was a kid, I had to wear a uniform to school everyday and use an No.2 pencil. Eventually made through college by following everyone's rules. Got me a job and found out I had more rules to follow; many of them silly rules, but rules none the less. Decided when I got into management, I'd be a laid back kinda manager but realized years later, I had my own rules.....even if I did not call them rules; others did. Now I am old and retired, I miss rules.

I will most likely go to Menard's just so I can have more rules in my life. After I go I'll come back and bit*h and moan with the rest of ya.....it'll make me feel like I fit in. Of course I'll have to not only follow the rules of the forum, but the rules of many here.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    So what's the big deal about wearing a mask?

When I was a kid, I had to wear a uniform to school everyday and use an No.2 pencil. Eventually made through college by following everyone's rules. Got me a job and found out I had more rules to follow; many of them silly rules, but rules none the less. Decided when I got into management, I'd be a laid back kinda manager but realized years later, I had my own rules.....even if I did not call them rules; others did. Now I am old and retired, I miss rules.

I will most likely go to Menard's just so I can have more rules in my life. After I go I'll come back and bit*h and moan with the rest of ya.....it'll make me feel like I fit in. Of course I'll have to not only follow the rules of the forum, but the rules of many here.
    Forgot the rules of marriage most of us have to follow. Along with getting the last words in "Yes Dear".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The point is do whatever you please and let me do the same. Within the law and propper moral guidelines, of course.

Don't drink the:koolaid:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Didn't realize they had this policy. May send them a thank you email. Going to start going there. Have an at risk daughter and wife and with all the ****ing mouth breathing, coughing, germ laden and inconsiderate morons who don't think their actions affect others, can go elsewhere 'cause 'Merica :patriot: I will continue to be as careful as I can when I need to go out among them.
    The older I've gotten, the less I give a **** what others think about me. You are free to be you as I am to be me.

Bob

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Good response flatlander. This thread strikes me as one of those first world problems. My local Menards is also offering no-contact pickup where you order & pay online, drive to the lumber pickup area and they load your purchase into your vehicle. Haven’t tried that yet, but seems like an easy way to get fertilizer and mulch without overexertion. Don’t know if you have to wear a mask when driving by the lumberyard attendent though!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good response flatlander. This thread strikes me as one of those first world problems. My local Menards is also offering no-contact pickup where you order & pay online, drive to the lumber pickup area and they load your purchase into your vehicle. Haven’t tried that yet, but seems like an easy way to get fertilizer and mulch without overexertion. Don’t know if you have to wear a mask when driving by the lumberyard attendent though!

I needed a thing or 2 at lowes and did the curbside. Worked well for me. Didn't see where Menards was offering it or may have done it there. Doing the same for groceries. My wife has a serious heart condition, and I'm just trying to minimize risk as best I can.
    Does it help? Hopefully. Doesn't seem like it's going to increase my chances, so there is that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom