• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I have no need for suppressive fire, besides, Zombies only go down with a head shot, I need precision. Makes me glad I sold mine. I sold mine for a little profit after Vegas, so if they are going by sales records- they need to 'Move along, there is nothing to see here'. It was 'fun' but not worth the ammo. Maybe I am suspicious, but I bet the feds are monitoring the net to see who has one, based upon any posts/comments a person has made. So guys, be careful you do not have a 'boating accident'- and it sinks to the bottom of some river or lake. Better yet- the ocean...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's like when the Dems said they weren't coming for our guns, and didn't. But the repubs said we are for gun rights and hearing protection and magazine capacity so we voted for them then they came for our guns and accessories and don't contest the thousands of accessory bans taking place locally making it almost impossible for us to get our rights back due to the sheer volume of small gun laws.. Well played overlords, well played
    :scratch:

I don’t remember that not happening after every media hyped shooting. Coming after and getting aren’t the same things. They come after all they can get. At the national level their efforts have been mostly thwarted. At the state and local level they’ve been more successful. So that part of your assertion is kinda full of :poop:. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t some truth to what you’re saying.

Dems have come after guns time after time. I don’t know how anyone can miss the assault on “assault weapons”. But they’re not so successful at the national level because we see them coming and we’ve managed to fend them off. Then “our” gods do stuff like this and “we” are afraid to withdraw our support to make them hurt politically for this bit of tyrannical imposition. (Rhetorical “our” and “we” implied)

The Orange deity can shoot someone in the middle of fith avenue and get away with it because who else will build the wall?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    GOA is ready:

https://www.gunowners.org/goa-file-bump-stock-suit.htm

I can’t imagine the optics of seeing the Fed raid some poor schmuck’s house over a cheesy piece of plastic so they can send him up the river for 10 years. Yep, the land of the free and the home of the brave my ass.
    Theyll call the "brave" the ones who are kicking in the doors of true Patriots. Brave my ass. Thugs and gangsters are all they are if they try to take away guns, ammo, accessories.
    If they're pulling that **** I wont be sad for them when it doesnt go their way. Theyll go from hero to zero in my book

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    The really stupid thing about this ban is you can make your own bump stock at home if you just google for instructions. I'd also love to hear how many Americans even knew what a bump stock was before the shooting last year.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, the NRA finally got the gun control that they asked for and CONTINUE to ask for. Please reference the 7th sentence in the paragraph on the linked page.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

Point of clarification - I'm pretty sure that joint-statement was from when the bumpstock ban was originally proposed. I want to say about a year ago.

I'm certainly open to being corrected on this, but I haven't seen a new statement from the NRA on this matter.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Point of clarification - I'm pretty sure that joint-statement was from when the bumpstock ban was originally proposed. I want to say about a year ago.

I'm certainly open to being corrected on this, but I haven't seen a new statement from the NRA on this matter.

You are correct, this was placed on their website on October 5th, 2017. And it is STILL on their website today. Either the NRA is inept at public relations and has inaccurate statements on their website...or...they supported this gun control all along and have no reason to remove this from their website. Both are bad.

Their newest statement is simply that they are "disappointed". Here is the link again.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/12/daniel-zimmerman/nra-disappointed-by-trump-bump-stock-ban/

The NRA is disappointed that this was retroactive and current bump stock owners were not given amnesty or a registry. I do not see any recent statements that the NRA believes this is another infringement of our 2nd amendment rights and should be stopped.

It seems odd and counterproductive to me that an organization dedicated to protecting 2nd amendment rights is not fighting this infringement of 2nd amendment rights.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Heard an anti arguing that a bump stock wasn't a firearm, so banning it was ok. My answer that it doesn't matter, because the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed means that by not allowing me to install a bump stock if I so desire would be an infringement.

Taking it obscenely further, why not ban rifle scopes as they are not firearms and can turn an "angelic rifle" into an "evil sniper rifle". And there were crickets.

What next, I can't paint a rifle black? Or camo?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Word is tons of 3d printers are humming away for the past few weeks.

the only clean way out of this for the government is to re-open the registry. PERIOD

Agreed. While it would not be a truly constitutional solution, opening the machinegun registry for an amnesty push to allow the likely 1 million+ bumpstocks, newly classified as machineguns, would at least take care of the issue of citizens being deprived of property without due process. Of course, they don't want to do that, since they know that this will bring in at least a million new transferable machineguns (probably more, since a lot of people would just register a bunch of semi-autos, auto sears, trigger packs, etc) which would breath new life into the transferable machinegun world.

Machineguns are nearly priced out of most folks reach (and honestly, all but the lower tier guns already are out of reach to the vast majority of people). With less than 200,000 transferables (possibly way less) being held by a smaller number of aging, wealthy folks, I'm sure the ATF was hoping that the transferable market would effectively disappear in a few decades, as guns wore out and owners died, with their heirs not really caring about the guns. Let another few million guns into the registry, and you reset that clock back at least 40 years, as the market would be glutted with cheap transferables.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Curious if a registered SBR with bump stock would muddy the legal waters with it being a weapon in which a $200 tax stamp was paid to the government.

I know they are considering a bump stock as an accessory, but ultimately if the rife was originally built with a bump stock and has had no other stock installed would it really be an accessory? Generally an accessory is something added after the fact.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agreed. While it would not be a truly constitutional solution, opening the machinegun registry for an amnesty push to allow the likely 1 million+ bumpstocks, newly classified as machineguns, would at least take care of the issue of citizens being deprived of property without due process. Of course, they don't want to do that, since they know that this will bring in at least a million new transferable machineguns (probably more, since a lot of people would just register a bunch of semi-autos, auto sears, trigger packs, etc) which would breath new life into the transferable machinegun world.

Machineguns are nearly priced out of most folks reach (and honestly, all but the lower tier guns already are out of reach to the vast majority of people). With less than 200,000 transferables (possibly way less) being held by a smaller number of aging, wealthy folks, I'm sure the ATF was hoping that the transferable market would effectively disappear in a few decades, as guns wore out and owners died, with their heirs not really caring about the guns. Let another few million guns into the registry, and you reset that clock back at least 40 years, as the market would be glutted with cheap transferables.
    But it wouldn't be letting a few million "guns" into the transferable market would it? It would be letting a few million plastic accessories and some gun parts into the transferable market. I must be misunderstanding something.

Top Bottom