• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I say this as a collision repair shop owner. Just like boogieman said, go to a finish master, automotive color and supply, or someplace like that. They will most likely have a camera that they can measure your color with, and mix some paint for it. If they do not, most collision repair shops probably have that piece of equipment.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I say this as a collision repair shop owner. Just like boogieman said, go to a finish master, automotive color and supply, or someplace like that. They will most likely have a camera that they can measure your color with, and mix some paint for it. If they do not, most collision repair shops probably have that piece of equipment.
    This is certainly the best way to go, but it will depend upon how we want to tackle the minimal repairs we want to make.

The wheel well lips need a little work, but there there's way to handle it that will require paint matching and blending and a way that just requires rust removal and treatment and no paint matching necessary.

Fender trim covers a multitude of sins. I have a 2007 Silverado with no VISIBLE rust above the rear wheels, so I know...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Poke at it with an art brush so it doesn't leave brush strokes. Unnoticed if the paint matches. And paint fades.
    You can add a little white in your cup if needed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK. I have to ask...

Why?
    For....fun?

[ETA]

The longer answer is that it's the car that he wants and it checks out mechanically. I paid for bachelor degrees for the older 2 kids, am paying for another now, and my youngest son will be going to trade school which greatly reduces my outlay. I didn't owe any of them a post-secondary education, but I did it anyway. I'm helping out the youngest by making sure he can get to school.

....and it will fun to wrench on this together as needed. Mechanically, it's close to perfect, but I will be doing a little body work....and I'm sure he'll have some goofy mods to do and a "system".

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    For....fun?

[ETA]

The longer answer is that it's the car that he wants and it checks out mechanically. I paid for bachelor degrees for the older 2 kids, am paying for another now, and my youngest son will be going to trade school which greatly reduces my outlay. I didn't owe any of them a post-secondary education, but I did it anyway. I'm helping out the youngest by making sure he can get to school.

....and it will fun to wrench on this together as needed. Mechanically, it's close to perfect, but I will be doing a little body work....and I'm sure he'll have some goofy mods to do and a "system".
    This is what Dads do! It’s our job to do the best we can for our kids. Too bad certain ethnic groups seem to have forgotten this reality check. :dunno:

Top Bottom